jfburdge's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Saturday, November 7th, 2020 2:00 PM

Closed

WiFi calling drops repeatedly

I do not have reliable mobile signal in my home.  We recently upgraded the modem/router to the Xfinity xFi 7th generation from my own router.  Since the upgrade, we constantly have calls dropped using WiFi calling on 3 different phones with both Verizon and AT&T, so it's clearly not a phone or mobile provider issue.

Are there any suggestions for settings updates or anything else I could do?  Frustration is reaching an all time high when making phone calls.  I would call support, but the calls drop!

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever find a solution?  Thanks

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Same problem here.  It started when I got a new iPhone 11 Pro about 3 months ago.  I have lousy cell service at my home office, so use wifi calling exclusively.   Recently, calls started dropping continuously - sometimes 5-6 times during a 15 minute discussion  These are BUSINESS calls.   I worked with Verizon for hours troubleshooting the phone with no luck, and they finally sent me a new one.  NO RESOLUTION with the new phone.  This leads me to believe it's the Xfinity router/service.  I'm currently (on chat right now) working with tech support  AGAIN.   We'll see if they find anything.  I'm almost ready to pull the plug on Xfinity and go to a local internet provider.   Now they're telling me it may be because my mobile account may not be linked correctly to my internet account??  What??  So...they're doing some back office juju now.   

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

4 years ago

Well, I was sent to the wrong department - THREE TIMES.    First general support, then mobile support, then home security support, then internet support.  Now I'm supposed to get a call back in only 24 hours!  Gives me plenty of time to research a new internet provider.  

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We "upgraded" to XFI router a few days ago and since then my wife's iPhone 11 has severe and constantly wifi call dropping. We also have no regular cell service here so wifi calling is essential. It seems to be a conflict between the Xfi device and the iPhone 11. My oPhone 10 does not have the problem, and my wife's iPhone 11 did not have the problem until we installed the Xfi router a few days ago. Previously we were using a Netgear wireless router plus a cable modem, but the old service was cut off a few days after we received the Xfi router. I called Xfinity support and a helpful tech support person said this was a common complaint for people with the iPhone 11 and 12 and she said she made some "adjustments" on our line, but this did not fix the problem, so now I'm not sure what to do. This is a big deal for my wife as this is her only way to make phone calls and we are out in the country.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Did anybody find a solution to this issue - we have the exact same prolem on iPhone 12s and an X, but also have seen it on XRs and an iPhone 6.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

We just upgraded to faster INternet and got the router and now our Verizon cell calls drop constantly.  This never happened before with the old router and the slower speeds.  XFINITY YOU NEED TO FIX THIS AND RESPOND.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

@SouthCook wrote:

We just upgraded to faster INternet and got the router and now our Verizon cell calls drop constantly.  This never happened before with the old router and the slower speeds.  XFINITY YOU NEED TO FIX THIS AND RESPOND.

Maybe I am missing something but what does your Verizon cell service has to do with Comcast Internet service. 

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

3 years ago

@dcfox 

Perhaps they are referring to this feature / service ?;

https://www.xfinity.com/mobile/support/article/what-is-wifi-calling

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

Which router do you have? Xb6 (dark grey mini tower) or Newest Xb7 (off white mini tower)?

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I finally got a new router from Xfinity - their top model Xb7, which replaced the Xb6. It Installed easily and it seemed to have fixed my WiFi calling issue. Again, I have an iPhone 11 Pro. Not one dropped call yet, and better internet speeds. I still hate Xfinity customer service - worst I’ve ever encountered. Local Xfinity store people told me they’re replacing the tech call center company. With what? All bots?

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Well get this. When we got on the X5 platform, my wife & I both had new Xfinity iPhone 10’s. She never had issues with dropped calls but I did and had stand outside to make calls over their carrier Verizon. I put up with that for 1.5 years. Then I got a iPhone 11 and did not drop calls. Then we upgraded to the BLAST 1000mbps xFi platform and my iPhone 11 dropped calls like crazy, but my wife’s iPhone 10 does not. Had them send me another white xFi modem but haven’t tried it yet. But I did talk them into sending me a free 2nd generation xFi Pod after 3 calls, and just got it yesterday 3 MONTHS AFTER ORDERING IT IN DECEMBER 2020, but I know that will not help my dropped calls as I can stand next to old xFi modem and drop calls. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here