hjens's profile

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

Saturday, January 2nd, 2021 5:00 AM

Closed

Why is the "delayed Ethernet connection" string locked yet again?

And who is doing the locking?

Frequent Visitor

• 

13 Messages

3 years ago

Good question. Was wondering why there are no new postings. Do you know who to contact to get the thread reactivated? I'm new to this.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Was going to post in the previous thread but wanted to add my voice to the discussion but also saw that it was locked. Also experiencing this issue with the CGM4140COM that started about the same times as people noted in the other thread.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

I run a Mac with OS Catalina so it's not a windows problem, but it is a Comcast problem since all who encounter the ethernet time lag seem to be using the same CGM4140COM gateway.

Contributor

• 

256 Messages

3 years ago

Yeah, I see they locked it again. Ridiculous.

I also had the Technicolor Xb6 and was having the same ethernet delay issue. Yesterday I went to the Xfinity store and picked up the new Arris Xb7. The reason I did was because last Tuesday/Wednesday my gateway speed had sunk from nearly 1 Gpbs to 35 Mbps! Reprovisioning/resetting/etc. did nothing for my Xb6, and the new Xb7 is getting the same lousy speed. So, my speed issue isn't a modem issue (which I didn't really think it was).

However, the delayed ethernet connection issue between my PC and the gateway was resolved with the Arris Xb7 (as I figured it would be based upon other comments in the original thread).

Contributor

• 

256 Messages

3 years ago

Yes, it did correct the ethernet delay issue. Several other posters on the original thread said it fixed it, so I figured it would.

Like I mentioned, I wasn't planning on swapping it out just for the delay issue. But the speed issue kind of forced me to. Unfortunately, it didn't fix my gateway speed issue...ugh.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

I don't have a speed issue, currently getting 686, but the Ethernet lag is still there. Are you saying the new modem fixed it and, if so, do we all have to go to Xfinity stores to get it?

Contributor

• 

256 Messages

3 years ago

And who knows if the delay issue with the Technicolor Xb6 will ever be resolved because Comcast isn't providing any feedback...other than to acknowledge the problem.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

My XB7 appears to be a Technicolor since it has a T after the XB7. I'm holding my breath that the time lag doesn't reappear again after all the hassle of driving 40 miles to get the dang thing and reactivating it.

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

Badcrab

I believe the Technicolor is an XB6. I had an XB6 that had the time lag. Problem solved with the XB7. The new modem they gave me had the label XB7-T Model 37.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I'm the new user experiencing this issue with the XB7 (CGM4331COM) so upgrading as a potential path to resolution isn't an option for me.

Contributor

• 

256 Messages

3 years ago

hjens, I think if you look under My Account or Xfi (maybe both), it will tell you whether it's made by Technicolor or Arris. Again, I don't know if the problem is specific to the Technicolor.

Thanks for restarting the thread!

Contributor

• 

31 Messages

3 years ago

Thanks g-hodgson for the modem advice. I just picked up my XB7. FYI to all users experiencing this Ethernet internet connection time lag with the XB6 modem using the CGM4140COM Gateway, calling Comcast Tech Support doesn't help. You get some moron in Manila, Mumbai or Mexico telling you to reset your modem. You actually have to go on the internet forum to find out what is really happening, in this case a modem problem. You have two choices to updgrade from the XB6 to the XB7: have it mailed to you or pick it up at your local Xfinity store. The latter is the quickest and easiest. However, you may find a lazy or reluctant employee who will try to make you sign up for faster speeds or, failing which, persuade you to accept the same model modem you already have because "they can't all have the same connection problem." When you insist that they really do have that same problem and threaten to cancel your account unless you get the latest modem available, they will relent and give you one. Welcome to an ISP whose customer service resembles what you might find on a monsoon-flooded island in Bangladesh, no insult to Bangladesh intended.

Contributor

• 

256 Messages

3 years ago

badcrab,

I think you might be the first poster who reported the issue with the newer Xb7. Other users reported on the original thread (which is now locked) that upgrading to the Xb7 resloved the issue. Then again, SteveWW suggested that it was probably just a matter of time before the issue showed up in the Xb7 once a firmware push was sent out...

By the CGM model number, I'm assuming you have a Technicolor Xb7? Mine is an Arris. Maybe that makes a difference? Maybe not, and the problem will come back again for me too. I've been communicating with a commenter on another site who said he downgraded from the Technicolor Xb6 to an Arris and his problem was resolved.

I really wish Comcast would give us some kind of update on this issue. Have they duplicated it in-house? Is it going to be addressed?

Contributor

• 

256 Messages

3 years ago

No problem, hjens. I hope it stays steady for you. Which Xb7 did you get? The one made by Technicolor or the one made by Arris? Would be good to keep track in efforts to find out if it makes a difference.

We should get a royalty for all this effort in narrowing down the problem...lol.

Contributor

• 

387 Messages

3 years ago

I have the CGM4331COM by Technicolor. I assume it is the XB7. I did not see the actual version number. Either way it works fine over Ethernet. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here