SX

Saturday, October 12th, 2024 11:36 PM

Why do some websites take so long to load on comcast internet, but are fast to load on my phone

There are seemingly random websites that load AWFULLY on comcast, even timing out at times, but if I drop my phone off the wifi and instead load them through T-Mobile, they load immediately. I've had this problem on and off, even with the comcast website itself loading better off comcast's network than on it. I know its not on my side of the network since everything else loads fine through my network, its like comcast's fighting with its peers and making it hard on its customers instead of actually doing its job as an ISP. For additional info, i run my own modem and a unifi gateway, i can max out the 200mb or so down (and the like 5 up i normally get from them, which seriously? thats all? is it still 2001?)

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 days ago

Hello @Steve-XR, Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 days ago

@Steve-XR @XfinityChelseaB 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

2 Messages

My best guess is that Xfinity has bad peering routes, either on purpose or by mistake. If I can get my traffic routed out of the Xfinity network through other means, it's all fast Internet from there. It could be them trying to pressure another org into paying more (like they've done in the past with Netflix), but really all it does is make customers want to find a better ISP (sadly Xfinity is a monopoly in most places).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here