user_daw312's profile

Contributor

• 

217 Messages

Saturday, September 16th, 2023 12:03 PM

Closed

When/how do I get the new upload speeds?

Hi, I hope you can help. My account now says my upload speed is 200 Mbps (for about a month or more), but I only get the historical 40 Mbps. Our neighborhood was upgraded (per an email I got from Comcast) several months ago. I have a Netgear CM2050V modem, which is on the Comcast list of "Next Gen Speed Tier" modems and my understanding is customer owned modems on this list will get the new upload speeds:

https://assets.xfinity.com/assets/dotcom/projects/cix-4997_compatible-devices/2023.09.11%20Full%20List%20of%20Compatible%20Devices.docx%20-%20vF.pdf

I noticed this week in the modem log my config file went to

d11_v_cm2050vims_gigabit_c02.cm, having formerly been  d11_v_cm2050vims_walledgarden.cm.

Yet I still don't get the improved speeds.

Is there any help here for how to get the improved speed, or is there a Comcast person here that can help? Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

767 Messages

1 year ago

Hey there, @user_daw312! Thank you so much for reaching out to us here, and we certainly want to ensure you are enjoying the speeds as you are expecting. Have you attempted to fully power cycle your modem and if you have a separate router, do that at the same time? Please let us know if that helps refresh the signal to the modem for the Upload speeds. 

Contributor

• 

217 Messages

Yes I have power cycled the modem and the router several times, left them off for 2 minutes, then powered on.

Official Employee

• 

767 Messages

Thank you for clarifying that for us, @user_daw312! We would want to dig into the account further with you, and dive deeper into troubleshooting your specific account to get the exact details of the cause of not receiving the higher speeds. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

1 year ago

Hi there.  I have the exact same modem and the exact same problem.  My account says I'm supposed to get 200 Mbps upload speed but I'm still capped at around 40 Mbps.  What do I need to do to get the upload speed I'm supposed to get?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @JerseyMike888!  Thanks so much for taking the time to voice your service concerns here on our Community Forum.  This is not at all the experience that we want any of our customers to have.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are going to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can take a closer look at what is going on.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

1 year ago

@user_daw312 @XfinityAdrienne @JerseyMike888 @XfinityArmand 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Contributor

• 

217 Messages

@EG there has been no resolution. Speeds are still a solid 40 mbps, the DM process just ended up with a support person saying that's all it supports right now even though my modem is on the Next Gen Speed Tier list I referenced in the first post. It's been a very fruitless exercise, and in stark contrast to the real world experiences on people in the Comcast forums on DSL Reports, which Comcast also fails to acknowledge. Lousy support imho.

Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@user_daw312

It's been a very fruitless exercise, and in stark contrast to the real world experiences on people in the Comcast forums on DSL Reports, which Comcast also fails to acknowledge. Lousy support imho.

THIS!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_daw312 @JerseyMike888 This is the most updated information for the Next Generation Internet

"All customers who live in these markets, are on a current speed tier, and lease an eligible Xfinity Gateway (XB6, XB7, XB8) or use a compatible COAM device are eligible for increased upload speeds.

Available COAM Devices: Updated 9/15/23

Model Number Wired Download Speed Wired Upload Speed
Hitron Technologies CODA Up to 934 Mbps Up to 456 Mbps"

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here