U

Tuesday, June 4th, 2024 1:15 AM

What happens to my credits when I close my account?

I plan to cancel my home Internet service and close my account. I've paid the last bill in full, and if I close the account, there won't be any new bills. However, I still have some credit on my account (from previous data outages). What would happen to these credits? I can't apply them towards future bills because there won't be any. Will Xfinity refund them to my bank account (or send me a check)? Thanks!

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 months ago

The concern is not "Home Networking" help related................ Topic moved here to the proper help section, and for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance. 

Official Employee

• 

480 Messages

4 months ago

Good morning @user_sdmtva All of us at XFINITY truly value your business, and we want to be your service provider for years to come.  If you need to close your account and there is a credit balance, the refund will be applied to the last payment method on file. If it's not possible to issue a refund to the last payment method on file, A physical prepaid card is mailed through USPS. 

2 Messages

@XfinityJoe​ Thanks for the reply! So if I open an Xfinity account in the future (either Internet or Mobile), can I use this prepaid card then? Does it have an expiration date?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_sdmtva, I recommend visiting our 'What to expect with a refund from Xfinity' support page which will provide some answers to your questions. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here