Flyinion's profile

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

Monday, May 22nd, 2023 1:42 AM

Closed

Weird random quick connection losses after 10G infrastructure upgrade in area

A couple weeks ago Xfinity came in and upgrade all the street side cabling in our area to support the new 10G network.  Since then we've been getting weird short random disconnects on multiple devices many times a day.  Our XB7 always shows a white light, no detected problems in the Xfinity app, but for instance browsing the Facebook app on an iPad I'll get a message "internet connection lost" then a couple seconds later "Internet Connection restored".  On my PC which is hardwired directly to the XB7 I've had problems with Teams, Discord, and other apps randomly disconnecting in a similar fashion.  I've rebooted XB7 both from inside the app and also pulling the power and reconnecting it after a minute or two.  Anyone else had a similar issue after this network "upgrade"?

edit:  I checked the various logs in the gateway and it showed no actual errors, and signal seemed good but I don't remember offhand what the correct levels are supposed to be.

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

1 year ago

Here's a TraceRT and a look at the codewords section of the gateway.  Channel specs based on that link above look ok.  TraceRT was to www.comcast.net 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

250 Messages

Hi @Flyinion Thank you for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. Are you still needing assistance with your internet concerns? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Our area was upgraded to 10G on May 18th.  I also experienced a lot irregularity with my network and TV.  My subscription is for 800 down and according Xfinity's diagnostic I am getting 900+ to the gateway, however that does not translate to my devices anymore; prior to the upgrade I would continually test to my devices between 500 to 600 down.  I have a XFI ADVANCED GATEWAY and unplugged and rebooted it several times and still see fluctuations between 54 down to 400 down.  I went as far as purchasing a Xfinity approved Wi-Fi Modem Arris SB8300 to see if it would change the results, it did not.  I submitted a ticket and still have not heard back.  I am a long-time customer but am considering moving because I cannot have this type of service and work from home.

Contributor

• 

95 Messages

@XfinityAliciaA​ I ended up doing a chat with Support through the Xfinity app on Monday and they put in a ticket to look into it.  Apparently they're working on it and will get back to me by Friday as per a followup chat I had on the app this afternoon. Thanks!

Problem Solver

• 

502 Messages

That's great news! Thank you for letting us know.

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

I had another outage last night and now I am down to 20 down.  Come on Xfinity, Reliable? Fast?  I need to work

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

Here's an idea.  How about Comcast/Xfinity sending a specific detailed email to those likely to be affected by this 10G rollout about these intermittent problems.   This week the drops all stopped around 8 am PDT and I am 100 % good the rest of the day. I am in Salinas CA / Monterey area.  So there is a method to their madness. Someone is working on this and causing the problem but no information disclosed to customers.  Everything is NOT good.  10G will be a good way for Comcast to lose even more customers once an internet service alternative surfaces.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

13 Messages

1 year ago

BTW - I know I should have called tech support or chat with someone in India but they just read some script back to you and never acknowledge a local problem.   Stuck until it is fixed.  I do not think my cable modem or router needs to be replaced, nor have the connections loosened.  Yes, a re-boot should always be done, but just once.  Then it becomes a waiting game until the mystery is resolved.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

I had the same issue as well since the 10G upgrade. Modem has been changed , ive done all on my part but xfinity techs cant help. This problem started for me on June 20th since they began their work. Someone on the xfinity department told me our area has had multiple complaints about this issue in my area. The xfinity rep told me he saw that everyone in my area are connected to one "hub" which could cause this issue to occur. He told me how it should be is a neighborhood area should have multiple hubs to divide everyone up. I have no idea if this is whats causing it but at this point im annoyed by it. Xfinity also dosent communicate with us how long the 10G upgrade in our area will last. They just leave a note and a start date for the work, but no communication whatsoever. Gonna have to end up switching providers. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I’m in the same boat, mid-Jersey. Power cycling the modem brings it back to life for a time. Hours, maybe a day then it just dies

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

1 year ago

The upgrade happened months ago in my area and the performance has been horrible; I sometimes get speeds in the 50's.  I have spoken to Xfinity, they don't seem to care.  I am currently looking for another provider because I cannot work from home with this poor service.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_dh6d47. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your service after we worked in the area. You are in the right place and we would like to assist you with your service issues. 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.”

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

1 year ago

Did this problem ever get fixed and if so what did they have to do to fix this?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

My “issue” gets “solved” daily with a call to them to do something when the connection goes down. Super excited for the tech who’s coming on Friday. I have zero hope that they will be able to resolve the issues with the repeaters in the neighborhood that they put in a few weeks ago

1 Message

1 year ago

Xfinity upgraded our area to the new 10g internet . Now I have no access  at all to internet. Restarted modem several times with no luck.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_080885 Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us here on our Community Forum. We are very sorry to hear that you're having issues with your services. We can definitely look into this further. Can you please send us a Direct Message with your full name and address? Here are instructions on how to send us a DM in case you need them:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

We look forward to speaking to you further.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here