U

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Saturday, June 11th, 2022 5:56 AM

Closed

VPN Connection Drops Frequently via wireless

VPN Connection Drops Frequently

I am working from home, connecting to my company's network using Global Protect VPN (Always On).  Upon connecting via wireless, my connection disconnects in about a minute. I get dropped and need to reconnect to my wifi router and/or the VPN.  My company says this is a common issue with Xfinitity and pointed me at this post - VPN Issue | Xfinity Community Forum. I tired to follow the recommendations of the post because it appears to be the same issue, but I don't have an "Advanced Security" option under the "Privacy & Security". I am using my own modem, which is NetgearC6250-100AS and would prefer not to have to buy a new modem since this modem works great for all of our personal uses.  Please help!  

New Problem Solver

• 

169 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, @user_d6d5a5, and thanks for reaching out to us at the Xfinity Digital Care Team!

Thanks for letting us know how we can help and sorry for all the issues you are having with your VPN. We appreciate you telling us the steps you have taken to troubleshoot as well as providing the missing setting mentioned in the link you provided. I'd be happy to help with further troubleshooting and just need to review your account details.

You can send me a DM by following these directions: 
To send a direct message you may need to:
Click "Sign In"
Click the "direct message" icon
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Contributor

• 

200 Messages

2 years ago

Have you tried a wired connection?  Yeah I know nobody wants cables strung along baseboards and through doorways but it's a really useful test and it's only temporary.  If a wired connection works you know it's a WiFi issue and Comcast doesn't have anything to do with it since you're using your own equipment.  If you still have issues with a wired connection it's most likely a wiring problem or on Comcast's side though it's possible your NetgearC6250-100AS could be failing.

The "Advanced Security" stuff is part of the xFi App which won't do anything for you since you are using your own equipment.  The app is for changing settings on Comcast provided equipment.  I really doubt this has anything to do with your problem since you're getting dropped from WiFi.  I'm betting it's a WiFi issue since you're having to reconnect to WiFi.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@zandor60657​ 

Hello,

Yes, I can connect via wired no problem. With my wife now working from home as well, our home setup doesn't allow me to use a wired connection and need to have the wireless work. I know I'm not using the xFi App but I don't see any reason why the wireless portion should now work.

Thanks.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here