shawnandmanda's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Friday, September 18th, 2020 1:00 PM

Closed

VPN Issue

I have been working from home for 6+ months now.  I am a contractor, so I have a computer for my company and a computer for the company I am working for.  Both use VPNs, different one (Cisco AnyConnect and GlobalProtect).  As of yesterday, I cannot connect to the internet using either VPN.  In fact, the Cisco one won't even let me sign into the computer.  The WiFi signal is fine, as every other device in my house is working fine.  In fact, I can use the WiFi on one computer and access the internet, but when I log into Global VPN, the internet goes away.  With the Cisco VPN, I can actually sign in using the Xfinity Hot Spot signal that every house has.

So the question is, what has Xfinity done to block these VPNs?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

So thanks to help from my company IT department, was able to solve the issue.  You need to disable the Advanced Security feature on the xFi router.  See below for directions:

Disabling and Re-Enabling Advanced Security

You can enable or disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi by selecting the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the Xfinity xFi app and then selecting xFi Advanced Security under the Privacy & Security section. From here, depending on current status of xFi Advanced Security, select Disable or Enable and follow the on screen prompts.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here