C

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Saturday, February 4th, 2023 4:51 PM

Closed

Very slow upload speed issue (upload speed tested at 0.10Mbps)

My upload speed has dropped to abnormally low speeds.

I tested it today at 0.10Mbps. It should be over 30.0Mbps.

Dropbox files that should take a few minutes still not syncing after multiple hours.

Please advise? Please help!

Thank you!

-<Edited: Personal Information>

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

My upload speed has dropped to abnormally low speeds. ...

If you want to troubleshoot this yourself, please see Internet Troubleshooting Tips. If you still need help, please post your Internet plan speed and the following information from your modem or gateway (from http://192.168.100.1 or http://10.0.0.1):

• model number
  • downstream: power levels, SNR, and error counts
  • upstream: power levels
  • event log, if available (Be sure to remove or blot out any MAC addresses. Forum security processing considers them "personal information" and may prevent the event log from posting if these are present.)
Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

As you can see from the screenshot of the Google speed test; less than 1/10th of 1Mbps is my current Xfinity upload speed. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Not much better; up to 0.10 upload.
Download staying about the same.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

This is now day 4 of this problem.

It started on or around Wednesday 2/1. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 year ago

Oddly, the problem is isolated to using an ethernet cable to connect to my PC.

When I unplug the ethernet cable and run the PC on wifi to same router, I then get much lower download speed, but normal (over 30Mbps) upload speeds. 

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

Thank you for the screenshots and updates @ChewieRoRo. You stated that you're using the Google Speed test. What speeds are you getting when checking them here? Have you tried replacing the ethernet cable? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityChe​ 

Yes, I have replaced the ethernet cable; and as I noted - it's only the upload speed that is impacted; which seems to eliminate the cable as being suspect.

Also, as noted - upload speed via wifi on the modem are fine; yet download slower.

I don't understand what has happened to my service; it's been several days now.

I can't use any software or service that depends on reasonable upload speeds.

IE, Dropbox. Or uploading to YouTube. 

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityChe​ 

Do I need a replacement modem?

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are not sure if you need to replace the modem or not, @ChewieRoRo. We will get this figured out so you can use your service once again. This link shows our minimum system recommendation per speed tier, https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/requirements-to-run-xfinity-internet-service. Is your device good for the system recommendations? Are you using an xFi Pod? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.6K Messages

1 year ago

@XfinityRay wrote: "... Is your device good for the system recommendations? ..."

It's hardly necessary to ask that question when a customer is reporting upload speeds way below 1 Mbps. You really ought to be checking on their signal stats, since they haven't posted any here.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here