Sin26's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 9:49 AM

Upload speeds keep dropping throughout the day

Hello, I am on the 1.2g download and 40mbps upload plan, however for the past month my uploads will randomly drop down to 1 to 8mbps, i keep having to restart the modem sometimes it fixes it sometimes it doesn't.  My computer is hard wired to the xfinity modem, I do not use a router or anything.  This used to not be an issue for years but all of a sudden it's been doing it.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

Hello, @Sin26 Have you performed any additional troubleshooting steps besides the reboot such as checking your connections for loose-fitting or damage? Also, can you tell us what manufacturer and model modem you are using? Repositioning that device can sometimes help overcome any interference. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityThomasC​ Thanks for getting back Thomas, and yes I did a chat with one of your agents and he ran some tests and said everything looked good on his end.  The issue like I was trying to tell him is yes while it looked and worked fine now it randomly happens where uploads will just drop out of nowhere. Here is the reference number to that chat if it helps you out in anyway, [EDITED: PII] and I am using your xfinity white modem that supports gigabit+ speeds.  I am thinking there is some kind of noise, bad node somewhere or just a bad modem, but i have no idea honestly, this used to not be an issue before when I was on the 1gig plan before with the old modem from your company.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Thanks for the additional details, @Sin26! Let's take a closer look and see what we can find out. Please send a direct message to us by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your full name and complete street address. Thanks! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@Sin26 @XfinityFrank @XfinityThomasC 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

For the past few months during 8pm-11pm my upload speeds go to about 10mbps when i'm paying for 35mbps. In my opinion i believe they are throttling speeds.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@user_b5888e​ I truly hope this is not the case it is very odd though that the download is fine but uploads drop like that and I know I am not the only one having this issue I have seen other customers having similar issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there and welcome to Comcast @user_b5888e. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your upload speeds. You are in the right place and we are happy to take a look at your account. When you are experiencing this issue, are you on a hardwired connection or wired connection? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here