W

Tuesday, October 1st, 2024 11:14 PM

Upload speed issue

I am inquiring about why it is so difficult to talk so a knowledgeable person about upload speed.  I am inquiring on behalf of my child, who has xfinity's Connect More plan.  It is supposed to be able to get up to 100 Mbps upload speed provided that the address can accomodate it and an appropriate Xfinity approved modem is used.  I called customer support, asked what the upload speed of the plan was and was first told 300Mbps. I said wrong, that is download speed, what is the upload speed of the plan?  I was told it was 20 Mbps and to get more, I had to upgrade the plan.  I was upset that I was trying to get upsold (also they tried to upsell me on a mobile plan), so I hung up.  I looked at the address on the FCC's website that shows upload and download speed limits. It shows the address as having 35 Mbps upload speed.  So I do not understand why it only gets 20 Mbps upload on the Xfinity approved modem.  The modem is a Hitron Coda model.  Have waited 2 days since the modem install, rebooted the modem, and still only gets 20 Mbps upload.  Who can I contact that can actually help as opposed to trying just to upsell me?

4 Messages

4 days ago

I have a Arris S34. Find the Upstream Channel ID for your Hitron Coda - I have 2 Gig service and pumping 350Mb Upload

Tell them to uncap your line to match your purchased speed plan. Also have them check your line for dropped packets. This does not require a technician to come to your house! I believe the Upstream Channel ID is 20 for 2 Gig service. (ID=17 for 1 gig) This should fix your upload speed to match your plan. Good luck!

Downstream Frequency (Hz)
Upstream Channel ID
Downstream Frequency Plan
Energy Efficient Ethernet
Front Panel Lights

4 Messages

Just a note. I rebooted my modem last night and the Upstream channel ID changed from 20 to 17 - Upload Speed is still the same (350Mbps) I don't have the high number of uncorrectables now. Sorry about C/P above and forum software will not let me upload a screenshot (*.jpg) of 46k

3 Messages

4 days ago

20 Mbps is the standard upload for the Connect More plan, in areas still on Sub-Split. In areas that have been upgraded to Mid-Split, the Connect More Plan will get 100 Mbps upload. With a modem approved for Mid-Split, listed on Xfinity's Next Gen list. You can check the typical uploads speeds available for your address. If you don't see the Gigabit x2 tier option for your address, then you don't have Mid-Split. https://www.xfinity.com/broadband-labels

6 Messages

I clicked on the link you provided and then had to do some strange stuff to show the page of broadband facts. (It asks to log in and if you log in it takes you to a different page.  You cant log in and you need to redo the link - xfinity web pages are really poorly designed).  It shows for the address only download speeds but nothing on upload speed whatsoever. It lists for download speeds: 150, 300, 500, 1000, 1200 and 10000.  Nothing on upload. Nothing on subsplit or midsplit, nothing on Gigabit x2. 10000 has gigabit x10. 1200 has gigabit extra.    I then did the same for a different address where I know the midsplit exists and it showed 150, 200, 500, 1000, 2000 and 10000 download speeds.  The 2000 said gigabit x2. Are you saying that only if there is a gigabit x2 option, that means that mid-split is available and then everyone on 300Mbps download also gets 100Mbps upload?  And if there is no gigabit x2 option then no one gets 100Mbps upload?  And if you dont have midsplit, the best you can do is upgrade to the gigabit extra to get 35Mbps upload speed?  I sure wish it was made clearer because I believe I purchased a Hitron Coda modem for nothing - the prior modem did just as well.  Thanks

6 Messages

I would like to find out when a location will have mid-split installed. How to do that?

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@whodiini We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. We don't have exact dates where areas will be upgraded for the Next Gen speeds. I definitely understand how an increased upload speed is beneficial though. I'd like to take a look at the account to see how we can help you with your request for higher upload speeds. Please send us a DM to Xfinity Support with your full name and address to get started. 

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
A "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

3 days ago

I am also having major upload speed troubles and have spent hours on the Xfinity website.  I am connected via Ethernet cable to the newer Xfinity XB8-T modem and am on the "Fast" plan that offers up to 500 download/100 upload.  My downloads are fine but I'm getting only 1-3 Mbps uploads.  I can't find any way to ask how to fix this.  Anyone have suggestions?  We've run the Xfinity diagnostics, have rebooted both the computer and modem, etc.  

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_j5vhrv, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Internet connectivity issues. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Please note that it is against our Xfinity Forums Guidelines to send an unsolicited direct message. If needed, we will ask you for a direct message to be sent. 

Would you be able to visit our 'Tips for troubleshooting your Xfinity Internet connection' forums knowledge base for steps on how to view the signal levels for your device? Please copy and paste the information in your thread so we can review the signal levels and see what the next best steps to troubleshoot. Please remove any IP or MAC address information when posting the information. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here