C

Tuesday, August 6th, 2024 3:58 PM

Upload speed approaching zero, outage detector tells me everything is fine.

So I had hoped this was just a small blip that would clear up on its own in a bit, but currently my upload speed is so low I am incapable of even talking on discord, much less conducting business from my home. From what I can see on my modem, there's no problem with the SNR, I'm not getting any bad packets or noise in the line, but even the smallest amount of upload, for example speaking through voice, appears to get choked into oblivion for reasons unknown.

4 Messages

2 months ago

Update: While the problem had persisted for the last 5-6 hours, it has finally resolved on its own. No idea what caused it, no idea how to fix it in the event it happens again. For now, however, it seems to be resolved.

4 Messages

2 months ago

Second update: The issue has returned. I don't have work today, but if I did, this would probably be endangering my livelyhood. If I could get an explanation as to why this is happening and what can be done to prevent it, it would be appreciated.

(edited)

4 Messages

1 month ago

Over 12 hours now since this issue began, in that time I have reported the outage, seen that the outage page finally did list that some of my services might be impacted, told that they were working on fixing them, then was told the issue was resolved. It still has not changed in the least. If this continues going forward I'm going to be financially impacted by this. I'd really appreciate a response, any response, by customer service. I want to know that this issue has been seen and is being looked into, and after 8 hours since posting I feel I've been rather patient.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @Caidryn.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are having a top tier experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here