U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Sep 18, 2021 5:21 AM

Upgraded internet plan but getting same download speed as before.

Hello,

I upgraded to the 1200mb plan from a 500mb plan but my download speed is the same as before.  How do I get the new download speed activated?  When I signed up, the package said that my current router was compatible and my computer is using a wired connection less than 2 feet from the router.

I have tried restarting my router manually, restarting my router through the xfinity site, unplugging my router, restarting my computer...  I'm out of ideas.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated.

Official Employee

• 

171 Messages

1 m ago

Hello @user_8428a7 and thank you for your submission in our forum. Having speed related issues would be frustrating and never something we want anyone in our Xfinity family to deal with. I know how important my speeds are and even more important getting what I pay for, so I would be reaching out if I was in your shoes too!

You have come to the correct place for complete help with your account. We will work with you and come up with the correct resolution. To get started there are many factors that can relate to speed not showing up as advertised. You already shared with us the troubleshooting steps you have taken and those are all great steps and super helpful to know! Thank you! 

When it comes to you ethernet cable are you using a Cat6 cable or greater? Does your computer support over 1Gbps speeds? 

EG

Expert

• 

89.7K Messages

1 m ago

@user_8428a7 

What is the exact make and model number of your modem / router ?

New to the Community?

Start Here