U

Monday, June 24th, 2024 10:00 PM

Upgraded from 1000 Mbps to 1200 Mbps, but still lucky to get 300Mbps tops

I have a CAX30 modem with the latest firmware.  If I run a speedtest from the CAX30...it's 300Mbps on a good day.  I ran a cable connection diagnostic  from the modem and this is what I got.  Does this look ok?  I do see channels 23 and 24 with the lower SNR and power difference.  Could this be causing me to not get a data rate closer to what I am paying for?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 months ago

Hey there user_7lz69r thanks so much for all the contextual info you're seeing from your tests. We'd love to connect 1-1 to test things on our side as well. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

2 Messages

2 months ago

Initiated chat with Xfinity Support on this item

2 Messages

2 months ago

They cannot answer the question because xfinity is a monopoly and they don't care about the customer. I am paying for 800Mbps and have never gotten download speeds above 500Mbps and most the time it's around 450 Mbps. That is basically HALF of what I am paying for!

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_ubc9lg I'm sorry to hear this has been your experience so far. We'd like to help troubleshoot your speed concerns. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? Did you try rebooting the modem manually or through the Xfinity App? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

The issue has nothing to do with my equipment. When I switched from Dish I started with brand new cables and connectors inside and out, all the way to the pedestal, and all brand new equipment.

My modem is connected by ethernet cable. I have rebooted the modem and I have run the test with no devices connected to wifi.

I have had several service reps come out in the 2 years that I have had xfinity and all they ever do is check cable connections. The problem is NOT on my end. 

My speed is slow because you are not sending me 800 Mbps that I am paying for. My guess is that I am too far from the hub (or servers) and there is no signal booster inline.

I have the same slow service I have had for over 2 years but the price just keeps going up. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We can troubleshoot further on our end. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your name and service address? Our team can take a further look at this issue.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here