U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Thursday, May 23rd, 2024 3:58 AM

Upgrade Work

This is not so much a question, but a complaint.  Unfortunately, there does not seem to be an easy way to give feedback with Comcast, so it is getting aired here. Several days I was sent a txt saying my internet would be down for upgrades, but the work would be done by the end of the next day.  My internet was down a lot of the day.  The internet came back on.  I checked my speed, and was for the first time getting the speeds I had actually been promised by Comcast.  1 gig speed.  But then I got a message comcast would be doing upgrades again the next day.  My internet, phone, cable tv.  The whole package was down the entire day.  I real issue since I have an office I work out of at my home, and rely upon the internet.  This was unexpected as comcast did not say my internet would be down for two days two days ago.  It was sort like they withheld this because they did not want people to know about the true length of the outage.  But the thing that really [Edited: "Guideline Violation"] me off, is after all the services were down all day, once they turned them back on telling me how they upgraded the system, my speeds were back to the 500 - 600 mb instead of the 1 gig that I pay for.  So they fixed my speed on one day, then did more upgrades and downgraded me the next.  I mean, if you are going to shut me down for two full days, at least actually fix something.  Really bad customer service.  

[Edited: Due to Language]

Expert

• 

104.1K Messages

24 days ago

Concern moved here to the Customer Service help section for greater exposure to Comcast corporate employees (The Digital Care Team) for assistance.

Official Employee

• 

753 Messages

24 days ago

Hello user_8c349c. We send out a letter to the customers address and text message the number on file to let them know we are doing work in the area. You can even find the notification in our wonderful Xfinity App. This information lets the customer know that services may be interrupted through out the day for a couple of days.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here