U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Monday, April 24th, 2023 4:14 PM

Closed

Updated service causes random disconnects

Recently you performed an update to the service in my area. Ever since then, I'll lose connection to the internet maybe 3 or 4 times a week at random times. According to the xfinity app, it says my router is offline, however I can still connect to my router via its app, as well as connect to the wifi on all of my devices, it just doesn't provide internet. When I reset my router, it works perfectly fine right away, until it disconnects maybe 2 or 3 days later and I have to reset it once again. The router is relatively new, still on the list of acceptable routers for my service, and like I said, I never had a problem with it until the service was updated. I've checked all connections and there's nothing loose, so I'm not sure why I'm suddenly having a constant issue with the service.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

1 year ago

@user_9273b9 Thank you for reaching out to the Digital Care Team. I hate to hear this has been your experience. Have you used the modem only (no router), and experienced the same issue? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityHeather​ I have a router/modem combo - an Arris G34

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

@user_9273b9 Thank you for clarifying. There are quite a few things that can be done to improve the connection. Here are some helpful tips: 1) release and renew the IP address by following these steps on an ethernet-connected device. Here are the steps: comca.st/3cZS2BS. 2) on Wi-Fi connected devices it can be as simple as forgetting the network name(s) and restarting the device. Please try these steps on any applicable device, and let us know if the issue continues. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

This did not work. All of our devices are still having this issue. Twice over the past 4 days our wifi signal could be connected to but not providing internet. Resetting the router both times worked, but the constant disconnections are a nuissance.

Contributor

• 

127 Messages

Thank you for trying those troubleshooting recommendations. We would like to take a closer look into your situation, and see what we can do to improve these disconnections. To get started, please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name, as well as your full and complete address. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

I am having the same issue and need to power cycle my G34 every other day.  Any solution yet?

Official Employee

• 

933 Messages

Hi, I can help, can you make a new post? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here