U

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 9:01 PM

Unable to upload videos/large files

I have the following hardware:
Model: XB8

Vendor: Technicolor

Revision: 2.1

Firmware: CGM4981COM_6.7p14s1_PROD_sey

I am unable to upload videos/large files from home network.  This problem is specific to my home internet configuration.  I've tested several other variations with success.
1) When I test the same file upload from my phone hotspot via WiFi using same macbook the upload is successful. 
2) When I test the same file upload from a different networkd via WiFi using same macbook the upload is successful.
3) When I test with hard LAN cable connection to Xfinity modem/router direct to macbook the upload file FAILS (same failure via WiFi).

This is very frustrating and seems very specific to some Xfinity router configuration.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hey user_0ysi4b, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. Are you getting any errors when trying? For example BAD SSL?

6 Messages

There are no noted errors when I check the 'network' tab in the browser developer tools.  An Xfinity tech was at my home over weekend and was unable to explain.  He confirmed the upload not working and also noted extreme variations in download and upload speeds across devices and from same devices.  He had not explanation for the varied measured speeds and was going to file a ticket with his supervisor. 

Prior to leaving we tried hard LAN connection that seems to work.  Wifi issues are not solved.

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

Hmm, that is certainly strange user_0ysi4b. Did the technician mention the next best steps? Did they resolve the variable speed concerns?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

6 Messages

The technician said he was having his manger put a 'watch' (or something) on my account.  The varied speeds from one time to another make no sense. I purchased cat8 cable and a 2G ethernet to use hardware.  At 8:00 AM I had 2305Mbps download and 347Mbps upload.  At 10:50 AM, same day, 153Mbps download and 296Mbps upload from the same hardware connection!

I would include screen captures of the results but don't seem to be able to copy/paste or add attachments.

NEED HELP!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

700 Messages

Thank you so much for sharing the details of what you have completed, user_0ysi4b! We can certainly dive into the account with you and see what we can do. Can you please send us a DM to get started? 

Will you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?
~~~~
To send a "Direct Message" message:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

I have messaged the 'direct message' center.  No response as of yet.

Expert

• 

105.7K Messages

1 month ago

@user_0ysi4b @XfinityAdrienne 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

6 Messages

I've still not gotten a response from Xfinity.  I've had to 2 techs come to my house and are able to confirm speeds to the house. The most recent tech stated the neighborhood upgrade to support faster uploads has not been completed.  No reasons why my speed seems to vary so much and not able to upload from wifi.  Wifi tests speeds are faster than when on port 4 with connect hardware.  Yet can only get an upload to occur from connection and not wifi.

6 Messages

I NEED HELP FROM COMCAST AND AM NOT GETTING ANY!

Speeds are as expected (600Mbps to 900Mbps download) one moment and 10 to 20 minutes later speeds drop to 100Mps download and 50Mbps upload.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_0ysi4b We sent you a Direct Message yesterday. Please reply to us there.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here