M

Saturday, August 24th, 2024 12:56 AM

Closed

Unable to stream to twitch due to a network issue

I am currently unable to stream to twitch due to a network issue consistently dropping frames. This was "fixed" by sending out a technician a few months ago with a new router and I was able to stream for a few months. Now the same network problem is exhibiting itself. I've tried going with the technical support and they say my internet connection is fine. I'm wondering if someone is siphoning my internet or there's some man in the middle between my apartment complex and xfinity and/or twitch.

Speed tests do confirm that the upload and download speeds are really fast, but I'm unable to stream to twitch for some reason. Before you ask I am not banned or any sort on twitch and moderate some communities.

I'm unsure how to add images here to show that I did a speed test, but I can recreate them rather easily.

My latest speed test using speedtest.net has a 360 MB download speed and 340 MB upload speed. However when I run twitch test . exe to check bandwidth I have a bandwidth of 50-85 KBPS (not a typo). When I debug in OBS I have a flat 65% dropped frames due to network without variance. Looking at the gateway there's lots of correctable words but no errors. I'm not sure what steps I can take to get a technician help or something I need to change on my end.  I'd love any assistance/guidance that can be provided. Even if it's an email that can go to a human to put me in a ticket queue.

Thank you awesome people for any guidance.

Accepted Solution

3 Messages

15 days ago

For anyone desperately googling this, this seemed resolved by having a technician come out and examine the signal line to the wall and the signal line outside which was suffering from some heat issues. The short answer would be to verify the connections to the outside walls and the health of the circuitry throughout the system.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

20 days ago

@MathBlade314 Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding unable to stream on Twitch. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

I will be happy to look further into this for you. Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.To send a "Direct Message":
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

3 Messages

I have done this. I hope to hear back from the support team. I appreciate you taking the time in showing me another way to reach out. I look forward to any response or anything I can do.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here