U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023 10:30 PM

Closed

Two PS5 one network

Hello, 

Me and my wife have been having continuous issues connecting to multiplayer games together on the PS5. The times it does let us connect its eventually boots one of us out and we cannot rejoin which is rather frustrating. I have tried port forwarding no change dmz no change static ip on both consoles no change. Placed one on wifi other hardwired no change gaming routers no change so at this point I feel like this is a comcast issue. I do also want to mention both nat types are 2 and they dont change from that. Any guidance or help would be greatly appreciated. I want to get this settled before Diablo comes out.  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @user_d96a09! Thank you so much for the info. Do you notice that the connection only works on certain games or certain times of days?

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

1 year ago

It can be at anytime of the day I also noticed that images are not loading now on both consoles 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Are there other consoles or devices that also have issues in the home?

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Yes but the other consoles are used solely for single player games. Ps5 is the only one where we have the issue since it's the console we use to play together 

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

Go ahead and send us a DM with your name and address. We can look more into this on our end. We look forward to working with you. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

1 year ago

First off, I don't own a PS5 or any console for that matter. However, I have had to deal with multiple PCs trying to play the same and different games at the same time and all the port-forwarding glory (and opening firewall ports) that ensues from that. Most likely, this is not a Comcast issue in general, but it might be limitations in the router in use. Issues with having more than one of the same consoles on the same network is an issue that goes way back. There are posts from 2017 about trying to get multiple PS4s working on the same network, for example. Some more information might be helpful.

Which router do you have? (Are you using a Comcast/Xfinity or another router?)

Do you have separate PSN accounts or one account with sub-accounts? (Assuming that's still a thing.)

Have you tried disabling UPnP on the router and then tried assigning static IP addresses? 

Have you tried other NAT types on the PS5s? Can you open the NAT filtering on the router?

You may have to use port-forwarding for one of the PS5s and a DMZ setup for the other. (I know if I did that, I would want a second router just to put in front of the PS5 in the DMZ to keep from exposing it to other network traffic.)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@NoGoodNamesLeft4Me​ 

Which router do you have? (Are you using a Comcast/Xfinity or another router?) I have the newest Xfinity router 

Do you have separate PSN accounts or one account with sub-accounts? Separate accounts (Assuming that's still a thing.)

Have you tried disabling UPnP on the router and then tried assigning static IP addresses? Yes still no change 

Have you tried other NAT types on the PS5s? Can you open the NAT filtering on the router? The Xfinity routers no longer allow changes to be made to the nat and I believe this may be the issue 

You may have to use port-forwarding for one of the PS5s and a DMZ setup for the other. (I know if I did that, I would want a second router just to put in front of the PS5 in the DMZ to keep from exposing it to other network traffic.) I currently have one in dmz and one setup with port forwarding

Honestly it really has me stumped on what may be the issue that's why I stated that it has to be a Xfinity issue. I have even purchased high end gaming routers and the issue remained. I appreciate all the info you provided and for you taking the time to reply 

Contributor

• 

72 Messages

The newest Xfinity router is the XB8, right? I have yet to find a decent User Manual online for that router. The closest I found was this one at fcc.io, but it's incomplete, which makes it really hard to make any suggestions.

When you had the gaming routers, did you take the Xfinity router out of the mix or just put it in bridged mode? (You would need a separate cable modem to remove it completely, so I'm guessing you used it in bridge mode.) I have a cable modem and my own router, so I have good control of the routing.

Have you tried running one of the PS5s through a VPN? That would/should make that one appear at a completely different IP address and tunnel all the traffic from the PS5 outside of Xfinity's network. The one in the DMZ might be a likely candidate to test. If you can find a VPN provider that has an endpoint near the PSN data centers, you might not be able to tell the difference. (I'm assuming Sony has data centers somewhere in the US.)

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here