U

Friday, July 19th, 2024 10:43 PM

Trouble activating my ARRIS SBG10

I was excited to start my internet service with Xfinity but I’ve been having quite an issue connecting my own modem. 

I was connected to a live agent via the Xfinity Assistant feature and after being transferred over five times, none were able to assist me. 

How else can I receive assistance activating my Arris Modem? 

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

Try calling 1-855-652-3446. That is their self-install device activation line.

If that doesn't work for you, you can call 1-800-comcast and tell a rep that you would like to have a new modem provisioned for service. Have the RF / CM / HFC MAC address and the serial number of it handy when you call.

There is also the option of using their Xfinity App for activating modems;

https://www.xfinity.com/apps 

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

264 Messages

2 months ago

If you are attempting the activation using the Xfinity app, then here is some information that might help as I recently had my own difficulties in trying to activate my own modem even after the agents talking with me by way of the Xfinity Assistant could not get it activated.  

Once you are in the Xfinity App, go to the Account icon.  From the screen that takes you to, scroll to the Devices section and select Activate XFi Gateway or Modem and then follow the prompts from that point.  

2 Messages

2 months ago

Any luck @user_cb8rj3 ? I have the same modem and have been getting the run around with various chatbots and live agents. It appears the modem is receiving internet so no issues with cables or connections, but the issue lies somewhere with the app not recognizing the MAC number

2 Messages

I actually just got off with a live agent and that is the route to go! The App is having an issue recognizing this modem and so the agent restarted my modem from their end and then activated the modem on their end and it worked. This assumes there are no issues with the modem's connection

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey @user_cb8rj3, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Internet service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Just wanted to check in and see if you are still experiencing issues with the services. We would be more than happy to go through a few troubleshooting steps. Please let us know at your next available convenience. We are a quick comment away. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here