U

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Sunday, May 29th, 2022 5:15 AM

Closed

The mobile phone cannot access the Internet through the xFi Gateway

I use a Macbook to connect to the Wifi of the xFi Gateway, and I can surf the Internet normally.
But as long as the mobile phone is connected to the Wifi of the xFi Gateway, it will be transferred to the Welcome screen of Xfinity.

I have changed my SSID name

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @user_45a07e! Thanks for connecting with us here in our community. Sorry for the trouble connecting with your phone. Can you tell me what troubleshooting steps you have taken? Have you forgotten the network and attempted to log in again? What is the make and model of your mobile phone? I look forward to your reply. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityLinda​ 

If you use an Andriod mobile phone (brand: Xiaomi) and iPhone X, as long as you connect the xFi Gateway directly, the "Welcome screen of Xfinity" screen will appear.

At present, the Wifi sharing device is connected separately, so that the mobile phone can be connected to the network normally.

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

@user_45a07e I would like to clarify, you are having issue on both your Android phone and iPhone is that correct? I had similar situation this past weekend. Have you attempted to power cycle your modem and both your mobile devices? I unplug the modem for at least one minute, before plugging the power back in. By doing this, it allowed the needed updates and now all is working. Can you let me know if you have taken these steps? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

According to your instructions, unplug the xFi Gateway and plug it back in after one minute, wait until the white light, then re-test the Android phone and iPhone X, the same situation can not use the network, the same "Welcome screen of Xfinity" appears screen.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Thank you so much for those additional details and for reaching back out! I would like to take a deeper look at your connection on our end to help get your mobile device connected. 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here