M

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 10:19 AM

Test speed to gateway was removed

Why was the option to test the speed to your gateway removed? It feels like Xfinity is trying to hide the tools used by power users to manage their own network. There is another post by a different user a few months ago with the same observation and a copy paste from the FAQ's was posted in response. When someone pointed out that the response was inaccurate the thread was closed without providing another answer.

I have a Home Office network with a 2.5 gb link to my router and an 80 gb link to a computer that is showing speeds at half of my plan speed. My speedtests to the device have shown my full plan speed in the past. How can I test my gateway speed to verify whether it is getting the speeds contracted or not?

Official Employee

• 

585 Messages

9 days ago

@mannyvee You can still test the speed to one of our Xfinity Gateways through the Xfinity app! I would assume you're referring to a system or tool that can test the speed of your own modem. In that case, we would need to refer you to other 3rd party software such as Ookla, Fast, and CloudFlare. Are you noticing the speed issue on other devices or just the specific one? Has anything changed with your network set up recently or have all of the latest updates? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here