Spinoza's profile

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

Wednesday, August 28th, 2024 7:53 PM

Strange.....

A couple of years ago, I posted a critical comment about Xfinity service.  The next month my usage allocation mysteriously jumped almost 40% over my average monthly usage.  I was granted a "courtesy" one time exception for exceeding my allocation with a warning that I would be charged a penalty if it happened again.  I called customer service and they could not explain the dramatic increase in usage, given that my online habits had not changed.  Fast forward to this month, one month after I posted a complaint about their billing practices and the accuracy of their online balance information..... and what a shock.... this month I received a warning that I was about to exceed my monthly allocation.  This, despite the fact that my use is consistent, and not only that, a household member who is by far the largest consumer of bandwidth has been gone for most of this month.  Coincidence?  I think not.  I feel an FCC complaint coming.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

20 days ago

Thanks for reaching out, Spinoza! It sounds like someone may be accessing your in home network without your knowledge. Have you already checked the devices that are logged into your WiFi network to see if there is something you don't recognize?

New Poster

• 

15 Messages

I am fairly skilled at managing my network and no, there is no unauthorized access to my network. Unless of course they are only doing this after I make a critical comment about Comcast. A strange correlation, wouldn’t you agree? If you review my usage you will see that this month is nearly double of what I normally use each month. Nothing in my usage pattern has changed, and in fact one of my residents who is the heaviest user has been gone for most of the month. None of this makes sense, and it didn’t make sense when it happened once before.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Spinoza, I can certianly review your account and data usage. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here