U

Wednesday, May 15th, 2024 3:31 PM

Storm Ready Wifi Performance in Weak Cell Tower Coverage

My house sits in an area with poor cell tower coverage, so Im curious as to whether the Storm Ready Wifi would work well for me. As to some details, I live in a major metropolitan area. In my home, I often have a single LTE, or 5G bar.  

So my question is centered around whether this piece of gear is the right tool for me.

thank you 

Official Employee

• 

753 Messages

2 months ago

user_506ayn Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. During a time when you don't have power, it would definitely be better than not having anything to make sure you can stay updated. The Storm Ready WiFi will automatically switch to a 4G LTE backup cellular network in the event you lose power. Hopefully, this link can provide more info to help you with your decision. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

17 days ago

Link goes to 404, page not found.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey RiboFlaven, thanks for letting us know it looks like the post was deleted since then. Our website here, is still active and has some great information on it. If you don't really get good cell coverage it may not be the best fit since that is how it connects during an interruption. However it does work like our WiFi Boost Pods when not being used for a storm.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here