U

Monday, August 12th, 2024 5:27 PM

Storm Ready WiFi Extremely Slow During Outage

There have been a number of outages in my area recently, so I’ve had a good opportunity to experience the performance of Storm Ready Wi-Fi. While the failover from the gateway to cellular data has gotten much smoother when an outage occurs, the cellular data speeds are extremely slow. I can barely manage working from home when my Internet fails over to Storm Ready Wi-Fi. Is there anything I can do to improve the cellular data speed (outside of normal basic troubleshooting procedures, all of which I have tried)?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you for this feedback @user_hal3mtj I also work from home so I can relate to needing the fastest speeds possible. When it comes to our awesome Storm Ready WiFi there are some things that you need to be aware of such as:
Fully charged Xfinity Battery Backup will provide up to 4 hours of power to the Xfinity Storm-Ready WiFi device. Device runs on cellular 4G LTE (data plans not affected). During outages, Internet will be reduced to speeds up to 30 Mbps download/7 Mbps upload. Actual speeds will vary and are not guaranteed and may be impacted by a variety of environmental and other factors, including network congestion. Xfinity does not guarantee that 4G LTE will be available in all locations or that a connection will be obtainable. Assumes average power outage of two hours, excluding major events (U.S. Energy Information Administration). In times of congestion, your data may be temporarily slower than other traffic. Storm-Ready WiFi may not be compatible with all changes in the network.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here