E

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 5:33 AM

Slow upload speed

Hi, I recently upgraded a bit from 800 internet to the 1GB. Unfortunately, I’m still getting pretty slow upload speeds for what I would hope for. I’m maybe getting 20, sometimes…that’s if it’s one device going. I can’t even stream something without buffering issues throughout. I have the Arris XB7, and even with it being extremely close to me it doesn’t really matter. Do I need a new router? Is there any way to get a reasonable enough upload speed to stream something on one device without it buffering probably once every few minutes?

This is WiFi, but my Xfinity Stream buffers all the time too (honestly worse than my phone on WiFi) so there’s some issue here. I am not asking to be able to have 10 devices stream simultaneously here. I just want to maybe watch hour long TV show without buffering 10 times, or stream one YouTube video without it pausing every few minutes randomly. 

Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 months ago

Ejb124 

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

2 months ago

@Ejb124 @XfinityAirelle 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here