ckforum's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Monday, November 13th, 2023 8:15 PM

Closed

sleep disconnects from wifi then can not reconnect

Desk top goes to sleep and disconnects from wifi.  Then I cannot reconnect because of "no response" from weird places :prod-xb.sprinklr.com or consumercellular.com. Have to restart the computer.

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

11 months ago

update - was just told cannot connect to yywxwqtw.fukusoya.co.jp  Note: I changed sleep to NEVER and this still happened

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey there @ckforum  is the internet actually disconnecting during this time on the desktop? Are you using a firewall or other security program? It may be a firewall settings option that is causing these, which may point to potentially unsafe websites. 

How to Set Up Firewalls for Xfinity Gateways

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

Yes it is disconnecting. 

It seems to have something to do with Norton. 

When I turn the PC on and try to do anything, everything fails.

If I diagnose network problems, I usually get a message that "You're connected to the internet.  We didn't

find any problems with your network."

If I launch Norton to connect to a VPN, wait a bit, then the network works. 

Have not tried to reestablish a "sleep" time other than "never''.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@ckforum Thanks for the response and for the update. Have you had the chance to contact Norton to see what they say?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

10 Messages

PROBLEM RESOLVED.  Bad router.  Router IP address problem.  Router replaced and all is well.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here