U

Friday, July 19th, 2024 8:18 PM

Service keeps dropping

I've had no issues for years and for whatever reason this week I've needed to reset my router 11 times in the last 2 days. AND it's still not working. I cannot get a person on the phone or an email to contact and I'm incredibly upset and disappointed.

I have obviously tried manually reseting it, I've unplugged and replugged every connection, I've called 1800XFINITY, I've talked with their unhelpful chatbot, I've even tried using the XfinityHotspot in my area that has always been a suitable backup for SOME internet. But that doesnt even work. And yet, the app says there are no outages in my area.

If anyone on the forum can help me with this that would be great.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Hey @user_fqzbx2, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Internet service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

With an intermittent connection, there are a few things that we would want to look at. Do you have additional services that are not experiencing issues and limited to the Xfinity Internet only? 

Some great things to check would be the inside cable lines. Could you verify that all cables are connected properly and screwed tightly to the ports? We would also need to confirm that the coax cables are in good condition as well such as no hard bends, kinks, bite marks or cuts that could interfere with the signal reaching the modem. 

We also recommend having a single cable line that leads to the cable modem. If you have a cable splitter that is not needed, bypassing will help the modem receive a better signal and perhaps perform better. 

Please give these things a quick review and let us know if you made any adjustments. We will be standing by awaiting your reply.

2 Messages

Yea man all of that is good. The connections are all solid. Like I said. It works. When it works. Then suddenly it shuts off. Sometimes for minutes. Sometimes for hours. It's on you guys. Not me. I could not be more disappointed with the Xfinity team and the complete inability to talk to a real human being about it. And this type of "did you check the cables" type of troubleshooting is really condescending. It's been over a week of constant interruptions and it feels like you people forget that you're the only thing some people have to run their business. I'm more than furious about this. If I had any other option than Xfinity I would pay 6 times as much just to not have to deal with you people.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_fqzbx2, we appreciate you running through the troubleshooting steps, and for taking the time to work with us today. Let's run some troubleshooting for you. 

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here