U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, May 19th, 2022 1:54 PM

Closed

secure connection failed

I have been getting "secure connection failed" on several websites since switching to the Xfinity modem -- the connection that I am connecting to is NOT the problem. For example - I tried connecting to amazon.com and got this error - their certificate is fine. If I refresh the page a couple times then it works. This has been happening a lot since I changed out my modem, kind of annoying but just have to refresh and then we are good, however, recently I have tried to add a Microsoft Exchange account to my phone and when I am at home on the wifi I get a certificate error -- when I view the certificate there is nothing wrong with it - it is the certificate for Microsoft.office.365.com -- (*365.com) I am not sure if these two issues are related but it seems to me that they would be.

What can I do to get rid of these errors. Any help would be great.

Thanks

Heather

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

2 years ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a chat and start with your full name and address? To start a chat, you must be signed in. Please click the chat icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAirelle​ 

I guess all this great for employees BUT what is the solution to the original request?

"I have been getting "secure connection failed" on several websites since switching to the Xfinity modem -- the connection that I am connecting to is NOT the problem."

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

Hi there! This is definitely not the kind of experience we want our customers to have with us. We'll check on this right away and will do the best possible for you. When browsing, are is your connection hardwired, or are you using Wi-Fi?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here