N

Thursday, August 29th, 2024 12:40 AM

Second IP needed - ARRIS - SURFboard S33

Hello All

I bought a new Modem and provisioned it successfully from Xfinity. Both of my RJ45 ports were working and active on my Modem. And then it stoped 4 5 days later. 

Xfinity help is telling me that they can't do anything. 

Can I get help please I don't understand why it stopped after few days of work. It was very convenient.

Thank you for help

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

18 days ago

Hey, Nutela! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with your 2nd WAN port on your modem. Over the past year or so we have been phasing out 2nd IP address addresses with our residential accounts. However, can you please do a power cycle on your modem (unplug the power for 30 seconds and then plug it back in) and let us know if the issue persists? This will have the modem re-pull the information from the headend.

(edited)

2 Messages

Hey @XfinityMichaelC

I just restarted my modem and it worked!! I don't know if this is you But thank you!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Awesome to hear it is working, if you need anything further please let me know. We are here to assist you daily! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here