BruceSelzler's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Friday, March 5th, 2021 10:00 AM

Closed

Router Exceptions for Xbox Series X

Hello team,

Microsoft is telling me to add the wired and wireless MAC address' for each of my Xbox's in order for them to work together correctly.  No one I've talked to at Xfinity seems to know how to do this.  Anyone have any ideas on adding exceptions to the xfinity routing table?  Any help would be appreciated.  

-  Sez

Problem Solver

• 

948 Messages

4 years ago

If you just connect them, the dhcp server will assign a ip to each of them, in the admin panel,  https://10.0.0.1  it will list the connected devices along with their associated MAC address, you can also set a reserved ip if that's what they mean

Official Employee

• 

744 Messages

4 years ago

Hey @BruceSelzler. We do appreciate you taking the time to make this post! We want you to be able to enjoy the awesome new gaming experience provided by the Xbox Series X with our network. Can you tell me a little bit more about what issues you are currently running into when you try to connect your Xbox to the internet? Are all of devices you're trying to connection a Series X, or are some of them older Xbox versions? We want to ensure we help provide you with the best steps to get this corrected.

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

4 years ago

FWIW, you made need to forward the proper ports for the Xbox devices in the Comcast gateway device. Consult the Xbox's manual for the port numbers. Good luck !

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

This has been a issue since the console was released. If you have a Comcast/xfinity modem/router port forward will not do you any good. The software update to their routers/modems will not communicate with the series x correctly. The only two fixes are wired connection which is not 100% and new modem: router that will hopefully read  

Gold Problem Solver

• 

2K Messages

3 years ago

I have an XBox One X on WiFi, an XBox Series X on Ethernet , and I'm using a Comcast XB7 gateway - and they're all working just fine for online play. 

If you don't have UPnP enabled on your router, you'll have to use port forwarding. These articles might help:

Set Up Port Forwarding on Your Xfinity Gateway - Xfinity Support
Network ports used by Xbox Live on Xbox One | Xbox Support

Expert

• 

106.2K Messages

3 years ago

Sounds familiar.

_____

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here