U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Fri, Apr 16, 2021 1:01 PM

Reenabling MoCA

Comcast recently advised me that I needed to upgrade to their latest gateway. My previously gateway (a 2nd Gen) was whitelisted so that I could use an ActionTec MoCA device to get a wired internet connection in my basement and it worked flawlessly for years. The new equipment arrived yesterday which I set it up and enabled MoCA in the admin controls, but I don't get an internet connection from the ActionTec now. I do see that the ActionTec device is connected to the gateway though. Does the new gateway need to be whitelisted?

Responses

ComcastBillie

Official Employee

• 

173 Messages

1 m ago

Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity forums! I'm truly sorry to hear you are experiencing difficulties in getting the new modem to work the same as your previous one. Along with the ActionTec Moca are you also using a standalone router with the Xfinity gateway? If you are you would also want to ensure that the gateway is in bridge mode. This link provides the instructions on how to set the modem to bridge mode: https://comca.st/3gfy2ip. Let me know if this helps resolve the issue, if not we will continue to work with you.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I am just using the new gateway (Arris TG4482A) and the ActionTec (WCB6200Q). The ActionTec is showing up as a connected device.

Official Employee

• 

173 Messages

Thank you for clarifying that, I'd like to look at things a little closer on our end to better assist you with this. Please send us a private message with your name and service address to Xfinity Support by clicking the chat icon at the top right of the page.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

1 m ago

@user_7dbebf @ComcastBillie 

Please post any possible solutions for the issue here in the open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

24 d ago

Someone from Comcast just called to advise me I was out of luck as "They do not support third party equipment". Guess I should have refused to accept the new gateway they sent me because everything worked as expected before I got this gen 3 boat anchor I am stuck with now.

Official Employee

• 

32 Messages

Good afternoon! Reaching out to say we're still here working on this for you. Our Advanced Repair team is doing further research on the options available and when we know more, we will reach back out to you here. Is that okay? 

EG

Expert

• 

86.6K Messages

@ComcastSarahL 

Please post any possible solutions for the issue here in the open forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

7 Messages

Hey there, I hope your week is going well! I just wanted to let you now we are still here with you, and working with our engineer team directly. We greatly appreciate your patience with us! I would like to follow-up with you in the next couple of days, would that be okay? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

That would be fine. I wish the person that called me wasn't so unhelpful and had advised me you all were still working on it.

(edited)

New to the Community?

Start Here