R

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, April 5th, 2022 7:39 PM

Closed

Received an XB7 as a replacement for a "failed" XB6

I just received an XB7 as a replacement for a "failed" XB6 that was consistently getting 12Mbps upload speeds until it suddenly and without warning stopped working one evening. Now no better than 4-5 and more often less thean 2Gbps. I am a WFH Enterprise IT engineer and this is very much unacceptable. (Converted comment to post for better community exposure: Please see Forums guidelines https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/guidelines/xfinity-forum-guidelines/602da8fdc5375f08cd20b38c )

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

This post was created from this comment on different post

Problem Solver

• 

874 Messages

2 years ago

Thank you for reaching out over Xfinity Forums @rjt21. Welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear about your trouble with the modems. I can't imagine the headache this has caused. Based on your post, it looks like we replaced your XB6 with an XB7 but you are still running into problems. Can you tell me what troubleshooting we have tried already? Are you noticing a problem on all your devices in the home, or one specific?

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityAnna​ The XB6 worked fine until it suddenly failed. The XB7 appears to be less capable. I moved the modem to the house DMARC and was able to get 12Mbps. It doesn't matter if I enable bridging or leave it default. I moved it back to my office and replaced the cable from the wall to the modem with a slightly shorter cable and it improved from less than 2Mbps to 8Mbps but still falls short most times. Again, I tested both in default mode and bride mode. The speed is the same for all devices on the home network, wireless and wired and also connected directly to a single computer in either default or bridge mode.

I just checked and it's only 6Mbps upload tonight. Frankly, I believe I was given a refurbed modem from the local xFinity store. It was shrink wrapped with the power brick only and a quick start card. It's possible it's the outside wiring, it's very old. Wiring is covered in my plan.

When will the new XB8 be available? I've been a comcast customer since the 90's and have been on my current internet service since 2011 after a very short 18 months of pure hell on Qwest DSL. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Thank you for all the details. It sounds like you have tried everything you can. I would like to take a look at your account and see what is going on from this end of things. If you could send me a DM by following these instructions, we can get to work on things for you. 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here