KhanII's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Monday, March 1st, 2021 3:00 PM

Closed

Question re: Speed and Speed Upgrade

Hello, My question is this, I have some neighbors who are on the Blast tier that I am on. They have seen a speed increase to 400 Mbps down. When I check the Xfinity website for my area, Williston,VT, it shows the tier I am on as having speeds listed as" 300-400"?  All other tiers have only one speed listed.  Could you tell me if I am also going to see this speed increase and if not, why some of my neighbors have it I am not eligable as we pay the same for the Blast tier. I am currently receiving my download speed of 300 Mbps, just curious about this speed bump. Thank you for looking into this matter for me.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Check your modem.  I had a similar experience.  I had a DOCSIS 3.0 modem.  I upgraded to a DOCSIS 3.1 modem and the faster speed was supported by the new standard.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

FWIW. A DOCSIS 3.1 capable device is not needed for any speed tier that is lower than their Gigabit speed tier. A DOCSIS 3.0 device will suffice.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Interesting.  I wonder why my old modem would not bump up to the faster speed.  Anyway, the newer modem works great.

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

@khanll

I'm going to escalate your issue to the Comcast corporate employees that are available to these boards. You should get a reply here in your topic. Good luck !

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here