B

Thursday, September 5th, 2024 2:24 AM

PS5 - Poor Connection Quality

Hello! We recently got a new PS5 and have had poor connection errors since day 1; error code CE-118144-9.  I have an XB7 xFi gateway and gigabit extra 1200 Mbps. Unfortunately, I can barely play 15-20 minutes before I get the poor connection message and the system disconnects.

I have also tried the Nighthawk AX2700 modem/router, but the poor connection error continues, I also tried another PS5 and still the same issue.

I connect via ethernet, changed the DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, NAT type 2 but nothing helps.  All other devices connect just fine (phones, laptops and TV) and work great. 

Anyone know if there’s a special setting I need to adjust?  Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

530 Messages

10 days ago

@brodz012  Hello and good evening. Thanks for posting about your experience and trusting us to assist. We are a great team of experts, and are always happy to help. Wow, that is strange even after trying multiple modems, and the direct connection. Thanks for all those details as well, it really helps us get to the bottom of this. I have a PS5, and know how important it is to get the best performance for it. Did you hear about the PS5 Pro possible launch details next week? That will be awesome if true. What games are you playing, and are you able to reset the network settings to wired when testing wired? 

3 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ Hello Benny,

Yes, my network is connected to Wire LAN.

Today my son was steaming a Disney game on PS plus and was only able to play 8minutes before receiving the poor connection message and the game closed. 

Also received a new gateway from Xfinity XB8, but the problem continues. :( 

Open to all suggestions! Thanks for your reply 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We are glad to take a closer look at this for you @brodz012.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to help get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details so that we can get started. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

@XfinityArmand​ 

thank you! What information do you need in the private message?

Official Employee

• 

853 Messages

brodz012 Just provide a few details of your issue, first and last name as well as your full service address when you send us a Direct Message. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here