U

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 6:56 PM

PS5 constantly dropping connection

I see several posts about this same issue but no real resolutions. About 3 days ago my PS5 just stopped being able to play games online. It seems like it will connect intermittently and then drop connection. This will seemingly happen every few seconds (confirmed by Helldivers 2 that notifies you as soon as you lose connection to the server). This happens with both Wifi and direct LAN connections. This seems to be the only device affected by this issue.

I've talked to Sony technical support and Xfinity's. I got a new modem from Xfinity today but after setting it up, its the exact same issues all over again with zero improvement. Did anybody ever get this fixed? My next step is trying to get a technician out here to inspect everything and hopefully get it to work? I would greatly prefer to be able to just fix this myself. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

3 months ago

user_5wwtdj - What Playstation membership do you have and did it expire? 

3 Messages

Seriously? My membership is not expired. Even if it was, it wouldn't cause the system to connect and disconnect every few seconds.

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

user_5wwtdj I understand what you mean. Are you having any issues with other issues connecting/disconnecting or is it just the PS5?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

I am having the same issue.  While playing a game on the PS5 you freeze for about 15 seconds and then back to playing.  This will happen every few minutes or so.  I have a wired connection.

What is going on?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Thank you so much for reaching out through Xfinity Forums, user_CJriverroad. I know how frustrating interruptions with your connection can be especially while gaming. Have you tried checking all of your wiring to ensure that everything is connected tightly? Also, have you performed a restart on your modem already to see if that helps?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here