piladep's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Tuesday, September 3rd, 2024 12:17 AM

Printer error code E-6

My EPSON printer all of a sudden  no longer will connect to my wifi. Nothing else in my house has trouble. I separated out the 2.4 and 5GHz like EPSON recommended, but that didn't matter. The printer says my router may be blocking its MAC address, but I can't anywhere in the app to check that. I'm at a loss and frustrated that there are no people to actually talk to about this.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

14 days ago

Thank you so much for reaching out, piladep! Since everything can connect except for the printer I'd definitely reach out to EPSON. The only thing we could do is confirm or deny that the printer is on the network. We should be able to help you connect it because the printer isn't an Xfinity product. 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

The error states a problem with the MAC address and my router, which is an Xfinity product.  Also, the printer worked fine until your tech replaced a cable on my router and reset it.  Are there restrictions or filters in my router to prevent the printer from connecting, how would I check that?  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forums about this issue with your Epson Printer. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your Epson printer. I’ve run into a similar issue before, and it can be frustrating when everything else is working fine except the printer. Since your printer was working before the router reset, it’s possible that some settings changed during the process.

Here’s what you can try:

1. Check for Multiple Printer Options: Sometimes, your computer might show two different options for your Epson printer. Make sure you're selecting the correct one that matches the current connection type.

2. Verify MAC Address Filtering:

• Look for settings related to “MAC Filtering” or “Access Control” under the Advanced Settings or Security tab.
    • Ensure that MAC filtering is either turned off or that your printer's MAC address is allowed.
  3. Reconnect Your Printer:

• On your printer, go through the Wi-Fi setup process again.
    • Make sure you’re connecting to the correct 2.4GHz network if your printer requires it.

If the issue persists or you need more help checking the MAC address settings, please send us a direct message with your full name and address. I’ll do everything I can to assist you and get your printer back online. Thanks for reaching out, and I’m here to help!

To send a "Direct Message" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list that appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Expert

• 

30.8K Messages

13 days ago

Moved to Your Home Networking as this is not Accessibility/disability related.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here