bs92787's profile

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

Thursday, October 7th, 2021 8:33 PM

Closed

port forwarding not working on XB7 Modem

I have tried on the web and on the mobile app.  I'm trying to add my PC to have a certain port forwarded and NO MATTER what browser, app, or what port it is the XB7 shows that "We're having some trouble."  Why is this such a difficult thing to do this?  Is this by design since I rent this [Edited: "Language"] from comcast?  My old router I owned this was a breeze and I'm an IT dude.

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @bs92787, thank you for reaching out in our forum for help with your port forwarding concerns. I can see how it would be frustrating to continue to run into issues no matter what you try to set that up. Xfinity has done a great job of creating a really helpful walkthrough on how to set up port forwards, please use this link to access that: https://comca.st/3mFE9OQ. Are you following these steps to set that up on your end?

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityMarcos Yes, I am following these steps.  No disrespect but I am a network engineer.  I know how to set up simple port forwarding.  It is simply not working.  It doesn't matter what device or what port.  When I pick my device I want it to forward to and pick ANY port, it gives me that error.  It doesn't matter what PC, what browser, mobile app, it happens regardless of device used to attempt to configure it! 

It happens also whether advanced security is enabled or disabled.  I can pick my laptop, I can pick * for the device, any device, and try to open port 20/21 and I get we're having trouble.  It also does it with other ports as well! (80, 8080, 443, doesn't matter what port!).

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

We would be happy to help with running through additional troubleshooting steps to help with port forwarding. We really appreciate your time spent working on troubleshooting this process! Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

23 Messages

https://imgur.com/a/x1oeZ6R

Same exact steps and same exact results on mobile, PC, regardless of what browser is used.  I have tried from Windows, Linux, MAC, Chrome, Firefox, Edge..  NOTHING works.....  I have also tried random ports, and random devices, all with the SAME result.  It doesn't make a difference which one is used, what device(s), etc...

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here