U

Thursday, July 25th, 2024 1:10 AM

Pod Wifi Booster White Light Flashing and Overheating

Our pod also cannot be recognized on the network using the Xfinity app on my phone. When first plugged in, the green light lights for 30 seconds or so, then nothing for a minute or so, then a white light comes on and then winks off, then back on, winks off, etc. And then after a while the whole unit is too hot to the touch. We bought the two units in May 2022, so they're out of warranty. The other unit works fine. Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

1 month ago

Hey user_6cgbcy, thanks for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. It may have gone out but it could also be overheating just because it is trying hard to connect. Have you done any troubleshooting over the phone or with us on it?

2 Messages

The pod is never recognized on the network, so there is nothing known to it to Troubleshoot. I've restarted the Gateway, but the pod is still not known to the network. I've tried to talk with someone at Xfinity, and thirty minutes of a wrangle with a bot left me disconnected. Another attempt on the web redirected me to a link over on my phone. Then a non-human restarted all of the checklist that I had already completed, with no help except to order new ones. That's about an hour of time non-talking with a non-person. It's humiliating to converse with an inane object who can't understand the subtleties or detailed actions involved in figuring out what's wrong. I describe this so you know what it means when you request me to "troubleshoot over the phone" (it was with a bot who couldn't help) or "troubleshoot with us on it" (I never could find a human to understand. Never.) 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Understood, @user_6cgbcy. Thank you for taking the time to provide that feedback. I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you've had getting help with this particular WiFi Boost Pod, and I'd love to see what else we can do to resolve this for you! Could you please send our team a direct message?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here