U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, April 21st, 2021 8:02 PM

Closed

PLEASE HELP XFi is blocking my safe work website

So this is pretty insane. I’m working from home, I’ve been accessing my work website perfectly fine for the last few months, and all of a sudden last night I can longer access it in my browser. It’s saying it cannot establish a secure connection. I logged into XFi because I figured my ISP (Xfinity) was the one blocking this and sure enough I have multiple threats detected for this exact domain. So essentially XFi is incorrectly flagging my safe work website as malware. The problem is when I go to my threat detection in XFi and click allow access, it only allows access for 1 hour and then after that, it continues to go back to blocking it. I need to find a way to either permanently allow access to this domain or turn off protected browsing. I can’t find that option anywhere in the XFi app. I could really use some help here because I’m unable to work at this point. 

Official Solution

Retired Employee

• 

5.9K Messages

3 years ago

@user_703bae 

Welcome to the Xfinity Forum and thank you for posting your question here. We apologize that you have experienced difficulty with a blocked site while using the xFi Advanced Security feature. While the information Expert EG shared will prevent any websites from being blocked, if you turn off the xFi Advanced Security feature you will loose all the security benefits the feature provides. This means connected devices could be at risk. 

If the website you are mentioning is being blocked by the xFi Advanced Security feature, you will see a notification about the website being blocked directly in the Xfinity app and the xFi website. If this is the case, and you believe the website should not be blocked, we ask that you continue to leave the xFi Advanced Security feature enabled and reach out to our CSA Team for assistance with unblocking this website. You will notice that I have provided directions on how to report that blocked website to our team below.

Report a Website Blocked by Advanced Security

Advanced Security blocks websites that are determined to be potentially dangerous. These sites may contain malware, spyware, ransomware, or viruses that can infect devices and make them vulnerable to personal data collection, blackmail, or attacks on other computers and networks.

If you are trying to access a website, that you think is being mistakenly blocked by Advanced Security, submit a request for re-assessment at spa.xfinity.com. The request will be reviewed, and an update will typically be provided within three business days.

Additional information about xFi Advanced Security can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-xfi-advanced-security

Please let us know if you have any other questions or need anything else. 

(edited)

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

3 years ago

Try this;

To disable the Advanced Security feature in xFi, select the Account icon from the top-left corner of the Overview tab on the xFi app and then select xFi Advanced Security. From here, select Disable under xFi Advanced Security and follow the on-screen prompts.

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/xfinity-xfi-faqs

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wow, thank you so much, so simple, incredible how you can give me that answer when I spent an hour on with xfinity support after getting transferred to 3 different people without a resolution. They need way better training I guess. Thanks again!

Expert

• 

103.5K Messages

My pleasure !

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here