K

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, January 23rd, 2022 12:20 AM

Closed

PlayStation 5 Internet Connection Issues

Since 1/15/22, I've been having an impossible time getting connected to the internet using my PlayStation 5. The PS5 internet connection test fails at various and inconsistent points in the process, but it never tests without issues. The device is connected via Ethernet cable. Sometimes, it fails at PSN sign-in, other times it fails at NAT Type, other times still it fails at Internet Connection or even upload speed. I've spoken with 7 reps who blamed it on an outage twice, changed from my own equipment to the Xfinity router and had a tech that replaced my lines and gave me a line directly to the pole, but I'm still having issues. I even factory reset the PS5. Using the Xfinity router, I've forwarded ports recommended by Playstation for the PS5 and placed the PS5 in the DMZ, which made no difference. I've been dealing with this for a week. I know it has to do with Xfinity, because when I create a hotspot from my phone (T-Mobile), the console's internet test results are excellent, like they used to be with Xfinity. I use internet for two things - work laptop and entertainment system PS5. It's like I'm not receiving half of the service I'm paying for. You may say you don't throttle, but in reality it seems to be a different story. Please help me.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hi Karl_Zawadzki, thank you for reaching out to us here with this concern. We can certainy help you get down to the bottom of this so that you can enjoy your gaming sessions. You mentioned having a tech out, were they able to get you back online at the time of the visit? Do you have issues with other equipment connecting to the internet? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAmir​ I had a second tech visit, today. He replaced my xFi router with another, but I was still having issues. He commented that the speeds are inconsistent and called in work on the main line. Supposedly, the like was completed later that day and I got a text message about it. However, my issues remain unsolved. Another tech is coming out tomorrow. While they are looking at the hardware maybe you can look in the software.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

I can certainly check just to be sure, let start with getting your account pulled up. Can you please send me a private message with your full name and street address? 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am dealing with the same issue. So frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

Hey there, @user_60b751, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums! I apologize you are having the same issues with your Playstation 5 connection. We are big gamers in my household and I understand how important it is to have a solid connection! We would be happy to help with troubleshooting. Is your Playstation connected with an Ethernet cable as well? Also, have you gone through any troubleshooting steps? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

The third tech just left. He couldn't comment further than 'the signal is great, so I don't know what the issue is'.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 years ago

I don't know how many times the hardware has to be replaced and no resolution...

before Comcast troubleshoots the software...

It is so frustrating when everyone you talk to at Comcast asks the same thing over and over again..."what's the issue"...well the same issue that I told the last rep/tech... why are the specifics not documented in the account so you don't have to say the same thing over and over. If I didn't know better I'd think Comcast knows exactly what the problem is and refuses to really fix it because it's going to cost them a lot of money...hence continues the dog and pony show of sending techs out to replace this cable and that cable. This is 2022...really?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

My girlfriends son is having the same issue at our house. I am in fall river and have Xfinity with 400 Mbps. The tech said we are getting 119% yet the playstation gets sixty at the most. My phone seems to get 420 as does my iPad. Is this a Sony thing? They replaced the router then it took half an hour to get things working. I had to hard start it four times. I need help, I pay 180.00 a month for what? It is driving him nuts which in turn. Haha

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Just got this concern too. Ps5 was testing at 500Mbps. Now 15Mbps and is unusable.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

541 Messages

Good evening, @user_314434, and thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums with your PS5 concerns. 15 Mbps out of 500 is definitely not where we want your connection to be! 

Is this via Ethernet or WiFi? Have you conducted any additional troubleshooting, such as using the Xfinity App or reaching out to Playstation support?

I no longer work for Comcast

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello, I am having similar connection issues with my Playstation 5. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting via wifi and Im still experiencing issues with lag. I presume it is an issue with ping but when I test my connection on my phone my ping is 21ms and download speeds are pretty consistent at around 400Mbps. However, when I test the connection on my playstation is ranges dramatically between  23 and 87 Mbps. I have contacted playstation I went through their trouble shooting process and they have advised me to contact my isp. 

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @Player1_Unknow We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. I know how frustrating it is when you are getting connection issues and we'd be happy to troubleshoot further so you can have a smooth gaming experience. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Hey! Having the same issues. Was told to open certain ports. However, that didn’t work. It’s funny because I let a friend borrow my ps5 and has no issues. It has to be the router that I pay monthly for. NEED HELP! 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 years ago

OP here. I'm sorry to hear others are having the same issue. I had to fight for my issue to be resolved and after two weeks it was. It took several chats and calls with reps, three tech visits and two tech tickets to "work on the main line with a bucket truck.". I doubt it has anything to do with the PS5 or modem/router. My advice is to keep fighting, and documenting to get your issue resolved. Good luck.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@Karl_Z0284​ What did they do?  My issue is that my playstation 5 is not coming up on my connected devices on my app therefore I'm not able to utilize the Paul's function. I've tried to unplug both the modem and the playstation 5 multiple times with no resolution.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_a4fb21​ mine usually shows up after 10-30 minutes, it could be a different case for you tho. Also, @Karl_Z0284 I need to know your methods. I can play every game besides one that keeps kicking me mid game. I've chatted with 3 agents now and had a phone call with one. I want to contact game developer (as suggested since its that one game) but they (2K Support) are unreliable.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I'm a tech and it has been driving me nuts. Idk [Edited: "Language"] xfinity is doing but I got fed up with it ever since they upgraded to gigabit. I moved my laptop and ipad to where my PS5 is.... 500-800GB down depending on the time of day... take PS5 to work... works beautifully on the verizon network there. Already forgot network, restored factory settings, tried WPS, whole nine yards on the ps5 to no avail. I have 5 xfinity pods around the house so I just reconfigured them and put one next to the wifi... now i "only" have 200 down there... go figure.... still can't connect wirelessly... but ran a jumper ethernet line from the xFi pod to the ps5 and get decent speeds. The black modem/gateway xfinity had was fine... their new white gigabit [Edited: "Language"] is what triggered the whole thing. Every single other device reconnected fine with only 2 needing to "forget network" and reconnect. Next step will be doing some tracert type commands to try to find the disconnect with xfinity.... i do this all day at work.. am a single dad... i'm just done with it at this point. Get functional over pretty folks... just want an hour to get owned by 13yr olds on CoD so I can take it out on my employees the next day lol. Be well folks. Get the XFi pods and hardline that [Edited: "Language"]. You'll thank me for the lack of frustration later. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Reset my entire network today to no success BUTTTTT.... found a solution and it worked. Make sure you have your PS5 connected to your home network and have another device handy. I went through my PC, but you can also go to the purple "xfinity" app on your phone. Examples below are from my PC

Go to https://internet.xfinity.com/connect and sign in if it doesn't do so automatically.

• Connect tab if you're not already there.
  • Under your network name. Select "see network"
  • Advanced Settings at the bottom
  • Port forwarding at the top
  • Add port forward
  • Selected your PS5 under the device selection *note if you do not see it, you need to verify that your PS5 is connected to your home network, if not, restart the device or go to the network panel and "forget network" and reconnect it
  • They suggested to select the closest thing in the "common applications" so i selected "PS Plus for PS4"
  • Then select next to apply

It didn't work at first, but after I restarted the PS5, I was able to connect. 

I deleted the port forward rule and tried to reconnect to the network to no success. I've never had to use a port forward rule before today.... but whatever changed overnight... it seems this is how I'll need to run things. Functional over pretty at this point.. so I'll take it. Hope this helps! Be well and happy gaming everyone!

(edited)

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

@DarkWhisper​ did you resolve it? Back in the day I had issues like this because the Xfinity router won’t let you specify 2.4 vs. 5 for the devices. I’m now having the same issue only with PS5 and only with that Xfinity router.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here