S

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Sep 24, 2022 6:23 PM

Ping spikes in specific games, bandwith issue with router

This just started happening this summer, went away for about a month, and now it's back - every time I load up Roblox and join a server, the ping is good for about a minute, then spikes into the thousands. It stays like this for 10 seconds, as my download speeds still remain around the 600 mb/s range, then proceeds to stay at 3000 ping for 10 seconds at a time. I've determined this is likely to be a problem with bandwidth settings set by Xfinity, as I've already tried:

• Reinstalling Roblox entirely

• Resetting all Roblox settings

• Give Roblox high priority in system settings

• Reboot internet router

• Reset Network settings on my pc
  • Disable and Re-enabling firewall completely

• Reset Windows Defender
  • Reset my whole pc

• Reset Windows Network Settings

I have perfect ping in other games, but I think that Xfinity's settings that are pre-set have made it so if I use too much data from Roblox's servers on a specific port, it throttles the connections, and this would explain the abnormally high ping. I usually would stay around a steady 30-40 ping before this issue.

I'd like to know how to reset the bandwidth parameters for my router, and or Roblox, if possible.

XfinityGina

Official Employee

• 

714 Messages

2 months ago

Hi there @soxdidthis!

Sorry to hear about the trouble! To clarify, you mentioned "games" plural in the title but also that the ping spikes only happens on Roblox servers, so I want to make sure that we are understanding correctly :) 

It certainly sounds like you've done quite a lot of troubleshooting on your own, which we greatly appreciate! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here