U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 30th, 2022 6:30 AM

Closed

Ping spikes and packet loss

I'm trying to diagnose why my ethernet connection is receiving packet loss and large ping spikes every 30 minutes or so. When playing games or using voip I'll lose connection for about 5-10 seconds. This is starting to get frustrating and I've done every recommended remedy to no avail. This is definitely an xfinity issue at this point. Has anyone else been having these issues lately? 

Problem Solver

• 

492 Messages

2 years ago

Hello @user_0847e8, thank you for reaching out to us. We will be happy to help with your connection issue. I just want to check, does this happen at certain times of the day or all throughout? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityJimmy​ This occurs all throughout the day

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for clarifying this happens throughout the day @user_0847e8. Are you seeing this issue happen on different games or on one particular game? Have you tried swapping out your ethernet cable for a new one?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

This occurs on any online game I play as well as when using voice chat in other applications. I've wired the entire house with cat7 cables, the same cables that I had before I moved and switched to xfinity. The issue is either your service or your XB7 modem

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@XfinityAldrik @XfinityJimmy This is still an ongoing issue. 

New Problem Solver

• 

617 Messages

I appreciate you letting us know this is still happening. I'm happy to look into this further for you. 

Please send me a Direct Message so that I can gather some account details. 

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the “chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 years ago

I had the same issue, suffered from it for about three days, my ping would jump to 5000, my calls would disconnect and I would lag out of games or just freeze for a couple seconds. The solution on this post fixed it for me: https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/your-home-network/ping-increases-drastically-randomly/62be725726e4b32f2debaa81

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 years ago

Request a tech visit.  CALL.  Have them request in the notes to bring a XB8 (assuming you are using a XB7).  That fixed a similar issue with me this week.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@MrScarface​ I do have an XB7, sounds like a hardware problem then

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here