U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Sunday, July 21st, 2024 11:15 AM

Ping has doubled. Jacksonville fl site not available. Tallahasee only.

Since last time COMCAST was down for work up the street I noticed the ping doubled. While investigating it was noticed that Jacksonville FL is not even listed. Closest COMCAST is Tallahassee (160 miles away) or Augusta (207 miles).

Have you shuttered the Jacksonville site or is this something being worked on?

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

@user_ee40e0 Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can help with your internet connection. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Expert

• 

106.6K Messages

3 months ago

@user_ee40e0 @XfinityEmilyB 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

1 Message

3 months ago

I would like to know the answer to this as well.  It makes no sense!!

Official Employee

• 

805 Messages

user_x0fagb Hello, are you still having service issues?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 months ago

Also asked at the local store and they were as mystified as me as to why Jacksonville does not populate the listing any more.

Does anyone at Xfinity/Comcast have an answer beyond reset my modem?

NOTE: If you do not have a valid answer, then please pass the inquiry up the knowledge ladder. Sooner or later it will reach a tier that actually knows what is going on.

Thanks in advance.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Good Evening, we're happy to assist in moving this concern to the higher tiers as needed but didn't hear back from anyone on the 1-1 threads.  

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, and then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and full address, so we can gather the necessary network data and begin investigating. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Why are you so afraid to answer this in an open forum?

Assumption is they are not telling you what is going on either, Alfonso

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_ee40e0 without having a direct answer to why the site is no longer available, we don't want to set up the improper expectations. We had asked to move to a direct message, so we can troubleshoot the speed issues. 
This could be something related to the speed test server. 

- Based on the screenshot this looks to be for the Ookla speed test. Have you by chance reached out to Ookla support to see if they had any information? 

https://www.ookla.com/about/contact

(edited)

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 months ago

same problem. I have no idea what happened to the Jacksonville speed test server. Doesn't seem like anyone else has any idea either.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I suspect they stopped broadcasting because the building is still there. Intern on the job experience or?

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

user_ee40e0 I am not sure if they have an intern or not. We can troubleshoot your ping concerns, and schedule a technician to come out if needed. To send a direct message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, and select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a Direct Message. 
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hi there. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your server issues! @user_16e3c6, you are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today! 

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

So you two (Robertro and Shawn) are claiming that YOU have a Jacksonville FL listing when you do a ping test?

If not, then maybe you should also be asking why...

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hey @user_ee40e0, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. As the website in question is not an official Comcast/Xfinity page, we would be unable to provide assistance regarding the listings and information they have available. If you would like to perform a speed test on your Xfinity Internet service, we recommend our Xfinity Speed test located at https://speedtest.xfinity.com/

Alternatively, you can also use our Xfinity App -> WiFi -> Troubleshooting -> Perform Whole Home Network Test to perform a quick diagnostics and speed test as well as a device connection test to determine any issues. Our Xfinity App is the go to troubleshooting tool along with our Xfinity Assistant to help review the account, billing, and services. The Xfinity speed test should pick the closest server to your account and location.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. We appreciate you joining and contributing to our Xfinity Forums. 

Visitor

• 

16 Messages

2 months ago

Same thing is happening here in South Florida. I use to have Miami, FL on my list which was 11 miles away and it's not even there anymore as well. Something real sus is going on with Xfinity and they just refuse to tell their customers about it.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here