U

Thursday, August 15th, 2024 3:22 PM

Parental Controls blocking safe sites. Anyway to add allowed/approved sites?

I'm getting really frustrated here. I need parental controls on specific devices and at first I genuinely liked what xfinity had to offer. It seemed easy to turn on in the app and pretty easy to add keywords and blocked sites. However, the parental controls are too restrictive and are even blocking Safe sites that shouldn't be or are wrongfully blocked that we need access to. Is there ANY way to allow or approve specific sites? I feel like I'm going crazy here looking for a solution. I tried talking with support about it and they just kept trying to sell me on other things and refusing to answer my question. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

1 month ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support @user_hauh3h!  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are having the best experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details, and we can take a look at things for you.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

• As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

• An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Expert

• 

106K Messages

1 month ago

@user_hauh3h @XfinityArmand 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here