U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sat, Sep 11, 2021 5:44 PM

One device was hacked. Are all devices hacked?

My son had a gaming device hacked, or compromised. And personal account info, everything, was accessed.   Are all devices hooked up to my xfi router now compromised.  What should I do.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

191 Messages

1 m ago

Hi there!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity here on our Community Forum!  We are so glad to hear from you and ready to assist in any way that we can.  In this situation, if you believe your information has been compromised, you would need to contact out CSA team.  Our Customer Security Assurance (CSA) team makes sure you have a safe online experience. These security professionals handle issues like phishing, spam, infected computers (often called bots), online fraud and other security issues.  The best way to report an issue would be online at https://comca.st/3llaGZN.  Once your complete submitting, you will will be given a reference number and contacted soon after.  

NoNoBadPuppy

Contributor

• 

161 Messages

1 m ago

While there is not much to go on here, you should assume that your entire network has been compromised.  You should immediately change the login/password combination, and do not use anything that can be easily read or pronounced.  You should use a string of 10 or 12 upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters.  Do not give the information to your son; log his hardware in for him.  You should try to determine what the sequence was that led to the compromise, so that you can identify any weakness in your security.  If you left the defaults as login info, that would explain how it was compromised.  If you are talking about his account at whatever gaming website he is connected to was compromised, then you should contact that website and inform them; request to have his account closed and a new one created.  Make sure your son does not share his credentials with his friends. 

You should also open a case with xfinity Customer Security Assurance:

https://internetsecurity.xfinity.com/help/report-abuse

Good luck! 

New to the Community?

Start Here