U

Saturday, July 13th, 2024 2:17 PM

Not all devices connecting

I have WiFi and connection only 2 of my 10 home devices can connect. I have Xfinity here and they have no idea what’s going on they also switch out Xfinity gateway. Help!!!

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

2 months ago

@user_d08q0d Welcome to our community forum! Thank you for reaching out so we can help with your Xfinity internet connection. What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far? You can find helpful troubleshooting tips here to get started. 

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

2 months ago

Did this just start recently? Since Friday my printer will no longer connect to my wifi and my oldest iPad bounces back and forth between my home wifi network and the Xfinity Mobile network. I think some kind of update happened last week which is causing “older” devices to no longer work. There’s a pinned post about certain HP printers no longer working with the newest gateway and it has to do with Xfinity eliminating access to splitting out 2.4 and 5 ghz among other things. I think this might be the issue even with other gateways now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Dennisnlaurie It is common with modems nowadays to toggle between the 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz automatically as it will use the strongest connection available based on the device you are using and if that specific device is capable of connecting to either frequency (some are not). If you have not already done so, we would recommend pulling the power cable out of your printer while your modem is plugged in and plug the printer back in to see if it picks up the connection. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

@XfinityBenjaminM​ I’ve done that numerous times, never connects. My printer troubleshooting says it is failing the MAC address filtering step, which is similar to the printer issues listed in the pinned post I mentioned in my previous comment. I think Xfinity pushed through an update of some kind last Thursday night that changed something as that is when all my problems started. Prior to that I’ve had all of the same devices and they connected without issues.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Dennisnlaurie You might try logging into the Xfinity Gateway Admin Tool to ensure the MAC Filter setting is not disabled. 

*Open a web browser and go to the Admin Tool at http://10.0.0.1
*If you haven’t changed the username and password, log in with:
**Username: admin
**Password: password
*Once logged in, select the Connection drop down
*Select Wi-Fi, and look to see if the MAC Filter Setting
*MAC Filter Mode should be set to 'Allow-All'

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

@XfinityMartyR​ I’ll check that when I get home.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Dennisnlaurie Sounds great! Please let us know if you still need any assistance after trying that.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here