U

Tuesday, July 2nd, 2024 10:54 PM

next-generation Xfinity network

Crews were in our neighborhood today "upgrading" our network to the Next-Generation Xfinity Network. So much for improving our speeds! I went from 1gig download to 12mb download speed. Upload speeds did not change. The Chat rep said there was apparently an issue with our Xb8 gateway and wanted to send out a tech. That gateway is new and prior to the upgrade, we had no issues with speed. It is hard for me to understand how the issue could be anything other that from their work and don't see why a tech needs to come into our home. Can someone solve this problem remotely for me?

1 Message

3 months ago

Are you from my area [Edited: Personal information]? I'd like to add that I am experiencing the same problem. Crews were out Thursday of last week (6/25/24) supposedly performing some upgrades, then again today. My download speeds are normally 950Mb/s, now down to 20Kb/s. My upload speeds are consistent (20+ MB/s) I can run a continuous ping to a Google server and every few seconds will get dropouts. This only started happening 6/25/24. Xfinity Assistant says "I don't see any problems with the signal to your home. Now let's check your modem." I've been through this about 4 times now. What is going on?!

(edited)

2 Messages

I'm in the [Edited: Personal information]. It is frustrating but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be options other than continuing to push up the tech food chain. There are dispute resolution contacts at the HQ that can sometimes help. Society is now so dependent on internet access that there should be a desire to get it to the same point as other "utilities". My gateway is about 6 months old (latest model) and was a replacement after the last round of issues late last year.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_z1vsng! Whenever your services are impacted by maintenance or an interruption, it is recommended to unplug your modem from the power for a full minute and then plug it back in. Have you had a chance to unplug the modem since the maintenance? 

Have you tried sending any troubleshooting signals using our app?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_pr68kh! I'm sorr you've been having internet issues. I'd be happy to look into your speed issues to see what I can find. In order to get started can you, please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

--

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "direct messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3lv0gXz

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here