Tatyana1's profile

Contributor

• 

125 Messages

Mon, Jun 20, 2022 7:35 PM

New Gateway questions

@EG  

So the technician came today and gave me a new wireless gateway, everything seems to work fine. However when I logged into XFI, it has a long list of disconnected devices that do not belong to me. I assume these devices are from the previous owner. I manually forgot all those devices, so they are not listed anymore. Question is, was Comcast suppose to delete those devices before giving me the router? Also the technician took my old wireless gateway with him and I didn't have a chance to delete my devices, is that any type of security threat or is it OK?  What I mean is, can someone still control those devices even thou they are not connected to the same WIFI network? 

Thanks

Accepted Solution

EG

Expert

• 

94.4K Messages

12日前

According to this: https://www.cox.com/residential/support/technicolor-cgm4141.html It is indeed the WPS button.

EG

Expert

• 

94.4K Messages

13日前

Nope. That not a problem.

Tatyana1

Contributor

• 

125 Messages

13日前

@EG  

So even thou my devices will be listed when the next owner gets the router, he or she won't be able to control them?

EG

Expert

• 

94.4K Messages

13日前

Nope. It's two different LAN's / home networks.

Tatyana1

Contributor

• 

125 Messages

13日前

@EG  

This modem has only one button on top. Do you think its a WPS button? I have Technicolor CGM,  the one that's like a black box. 

EG

Expert

• 

94.4K Messages

13日前

Is that the CGM4331 ?

Tatyana1

Contributor

• 

125 Messages

13日前

No its CGM 4140Com tall black box