U

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 7:04 PM

New equipment, slow connection

I took up Xfinity's offer for a new modem, claiming that my old equipment can't handle their new faster connection. I received and connected the new modem a few days ago and my connection has been horrendously slow (like I can't even open my email sometimes). I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting and that never seems to help at all. Am I the only one experiencing this? Should I go back to using my old modem?

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

3 months ago

Hi there! Our awesome digital care team would be happy to assist you. Can you initiate a direct message and start with your full name and address? To start a direct message, you must be signed in. Please click the "Direct Messaging" icon in the top right of the page next to the bell, and send your message to "Xfinity Support". Talk to you there!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

3 months ago

@user_rlar26 @XfinityAirelle 

Please circle back here and post any possible solutions for the issue here in these open public forums so that all readers here may benefit from the exchange / info. This is in keeping with the spirit for which these public help forums were originally intended. Thank you.

2 Messages

3 months ago

Update: Had to schedule a technician to come deal with the issue. Turns out customers receiving the new equipment have experienced the same issues as me and the modem just needed to be replaced with a different model. In other words, Xfinity's offer for "free" updated equipment is a scam because they knowingly send out faulty equipment and force you to pay $100 just for a technician to bring you a new one. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here